This Year: 10

Saturday May 18, 2024 Long Beach, Windsurfing
     Saturday May 18, 2024 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Long Beach, Windsurfing NW 16 - 22
    fun sized (south swell)
    2.00 hours Fanatic Freewave 116
    Goya Custom 3 Thruster 92
    Ezzy Taka 5.3
    All smiles! After a trip into town to pick up a replacement camping stove, third time lucky getting a parking spot at Incinerator Rock. Wind was much steadier than yesterday and set waves were sweet (nice the south swell started to show itself)! Wind built, backed and then hammered! The wind buffet was all you could eat today! Tide was ebbing to slack low. Saw Jesse land a really aggressive off the lip and Ozy land a couple of forwards (one from just downwind as three of us headed out). Inside shorebreak was sucking and throwing a bit on the low tide. Got rejected outbound once when the wind got light on the inside just as the set wave stood up and said, 'Nice try!' Later got rolled coming in too when I committed to the lip and the wave tumbled me like a ragdoll. Thankfully no damage to body or gear! Sadly lost my wave of the session to a huge hole in the wind, but I'll live! Wind for most of the day ' pumping like the south Oregon Coast! So much sand and salt spray on the van at the end of the day I stopped at the car wash to rinse it off. Saw Riley's ATM spit $200 from his wetsuit boot and found Ozy's stash of boards in the bushes. The crew was all smiles with this offering! Hot solar shower was delightful!

Gallery (to view as a slideshow click on the screen icon top right)
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-