Log Started:
    Monday August 7, 2006
    Total Records: 148
    This Year: 0

Saturday September 6, 2008 Nitinat Lk, Kitesurfing
     Saturday September 6, 2008 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Nitinat Lk, Kitesurfing SW 5 - 8
    3.00 hours ocean rodeo bronco 9 M
    Spent most of the morning on the beach upwind with Greg helping me to rig and fly the kite. Wind teased us for a few hours, and looked stronger than it was. Numerous attempts at launching and flying, but too light to keep it up there. Unfortunately, at one point, it hit the trees, and we got it out quickly, but then, after that the bladder popped and burst into many pieces (unpatchable) and the fabric ripped to shreds on the leading edge. Three things I feel thankful for: Greg fixes kites, it wasn't a new kite that I damaged, and I didn't get dragged into the trees with the kite. Thanks for all of the various offers to borrow kites, and patches. I was spent, and got out windsurfing on my big board for some relaxation for an hour before Rob had a good 4 hr windy upwind session while I napped with the kids.

Camping with Johnny (Van), Jason and Naomi (Maria, and Olivia-kids) from Chilliwack. Lots of giggles around the campfire, and more LATE night fun at the sauna. Thanks to 'Dr.McGillicudy' for those Peter Gabriel songs on the guitar. Nice to share the 'Nitinat experience' with everyone. :D
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-