This Year: 0

Sunday September 7, 2008 Nitinat Lk, Windsurfing
     Sunday September 7, 2008 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Nitinat Lk, Windsurfing W 14 - 18
    flat
    1.50 hours Mistral Synchro/Fish 77
    Starboard Carve 99
    KA Kult 5.3
    Got up in the am to bathing suit weather and outflow winds. Had just resigned myself to a non-sailing day when Diane suggested that Barb and I join her for a zodiac trip down the lake. Hadn't been past the trail into the Nitinaht Triangle before so I was enthusiastic to see the rest of the lake. Now I'm pumped to do a fall kayak trip launching at the fish camp and exploring the nooks and cranies that lead to the narrows. Took lots of pictures, loved the waterfall on the south side of the lake ..... pretty impressive for this time of year! Cautiously went through the narrows to taste the Pacific and hear the surf ...... thanks Diane!

The icing on the cake was coming back just as the wind filled in the right way and sailing til 5:30. Did some sloggy runs on the Fish just to see if it could be done and then spent the rest of the time practicing gybes on the bigger gear. Hard to leave when you know it might be another 10 months before you can get another weekend like that. Thanks to all the good company that provided entertainment, companionship and comradery on the water and off.
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-