This Year: 135

Friday April 29, 2005 Nitinat Lk, Windsurfing
     Friday April 29, 2005 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Nitinat Lk, Windsurfing W 10 - 20
    smallish chop
    2.50 hours Starboard Carve 121 litres
    Starboard Formula 156 litres
    Hot Sails Maui Stealth 8.0
    :D Arrived at 10am to find Sharky, Grant, Kenda, Mark and three dogs sitting on the beach by the fire with absolutely 0 wind. Within 10 mins it was blowing 5 kts and time to go and rig the big stuff....by the time I got the gear unpacked it was blowing 10kts and I thought better start with the 8.0m and formula board. 5 mins later it was blowing 15-18kts so I unpacked the Carve 121 and put on the 40cm fin. I was on the water by 10:45am and it was mostly sunny and really rather warm. It blew 15-20 for 2 hours and no one joined me as they said they were eating breakfast...HA!! I tried out the new Garmin Foretrex 201 and had a max. speed of 46.9km/h or 25.3kts. Gotta try it with the Hyper next time. I practice tacks and jibes, making three tacks and two jibes(neither planning)...somebody should really teach me how to jibe....could be a shirt in it for you...SMILE!! I came in as it started to rain. Had a beer and pizza and waited out the storm. It blew over while we listened to some sleeper music provided by the bomb-maker...Zzzzzzzz!! It started to pick up again after the squall blew over so I put the cold wetsuit back on and took out the formula board and the 8.0m....but it pretty much slowly stopped blowing...didn't rig the 11.0m thankfully as it completely shut down within 20 mins. Grant and Kendra packed up and left and Sharky Breaky left as well. I had another beer, packed up and left in time to catch the last ferry from Mill Bay. NICE!! A happy 2.5 hours sail and 5 hours of driving....when I got the the Mill Bay ferry teminal it was blowing 15kts SE....aghhhH!! Go Figure!! GOOD TIMES!!
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-