This Year: 0

Friday May 6, 2005 Esquimalt Lgn, Windsurfing
     Friday May 6, 2005 Conditions TOW Toys Used:
     Esquimalt Lgn, Windsurfing W 15 - 20
    small chop
    3.00 hours RRD 265 custom slalom old and ugly but fast ~85L
    RRD 280 slalom older custom stick ~115L
    Sailworks SX 6.8
    If you saw me on the beach an hour ago, you'd have thought I'd just had the best sex of my life. I've still got a grin from ear to ear :D

I thought I'd try my slalom gear today in preparation for the summer racing at Nitinat. My slalom gear consists of a 6.8 cambered race sail that I bought for $25 and 2 matching slalom boards which used to belong to some pro. I think I paid $50 for the small one and about $100 for the bigger one. They aren't pretty but holy f%$ are they fast :shock:

I started on the bigger one and totally had to slog out to the wind. Once I got there I was powered up nicely. The wind was light with lots of holes for the first hour or so but then it filled in big time. I was totally lit up and in total control. Wicked top end on these sails. I couldn't believe the amount of wind it could handle. There were a few gusts that had to have been close to 25 knots.

Once the wind had filled to the shore, I grabbed the smaller board. I just about shit myself as I was literally skipping over the tops of the waves. I was giddy. I thought I was going fast on the other board but this was unreal, and once again I felt totally in control. The smaller board wasn't skittish or overpowered at all.

I kept thinking about going in and rigging my 5.4 but I was having way too much fun :lol: CAn't wait to scream around the course at Nitinat :D
    Propelled by Russian Dood aka Andrey Vozhakin ©2004-