Search found 9 matches

by jake
Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:29 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: SUPin
Replies: 10
Views: 4362

KARMATIVE.COM thanks! I've tried the Uli before and it's pretty easy to catch waves and rolling it up makes for a perfect travel board. A bit loose on bigger waves due to the very round/very thick edges but def something I'd like to have in my collection. Totally agree with the 15-17psi. It's very ...
by jake
Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:59 pm
Topic: lost/stolen gear?
Replies: 0
Views: 604

lost/stolen gear?

Hey! Just noticed an add in www.coastalbc.com about a lost/stolen kite and board in a 'golf' bag found in Kerrisdale. Anybody missing any gear?
by jake
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm
Topic: SUPin
Replies: 10
Views: 4362

SUPin

Sorry for the non kite related post but I don't know where else to post this. I'm looking at buying a SUP board and would like to know if anybody knows a good website or shop to purchase used SUP boards? Island Longboards seems to only have new ones. Any of you surfers out there may have noticed the ...
by jake
Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:58 pm
Topic: Island View or Willows???
Replies: 8
Views: 2740

Nice rocdoc!! I'll assume that I rig up in the usuall IV location and walk south of the boat launch??

thanks again....
by jake
Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:39 pm

Hmmm just looked at the map and now I'm confused?! From what I can see, a NE wind would make Willows cross-shore and not off-shore. Unless, of course, you are talking about Cattle Point? Where do you launch at Willows? If it's anywhere along the main beach then a NE wind would be perfect but if it's ...
by jake
Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:32 pm

oops! my bad! guess I shoulda looked at a map?! I was just going by the forecasting chart that says that SE and NE are the best directions for Willows..

Island View it is....

thanks!!!
by jake
Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Island View or Willows???

Hey! New to Vic and was wondering where I should go tomorrow morning?(knock on wood!) I've been to Island view before but never to Willows. How do you guys/gals make your choice if both places are forecasting roughly the same conditions? I prefer riding my surfboard in the rollers and the whole ...
by jake
Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:57 am
Topic: New to Victoria
Replies: 7
Views: 2046

Thanks for the info!! I agree KUS, I do/will support local business'. Where is the Ocean Rodeo shop? Can I just walk in and buy spare parts etc...?? I already know where to ride-just making sure there wasn't a club membership type thing like there is at Squamish. thanks again jason p.s. oh dear ...
by jake
Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:07 am
Topic: New to Victoria
Replies: 7
Views: 2046

New to Victoria

Hey! I just moved from Vancouver to Victoria and was wondering what the kiting scene is like here?! Is there a club or some sort of members fee to kite the local spots? Where is the local kite shop to get spare parts like bladder valves and tape etc...? Will I be ok with a 9m and a 12m for all year ...