KJ
by KJ
Sat May 14, 2011 10:27 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Wear
Replies: 183
Views: 70341

BA wrote: Thanks...maybe John can deliver yours.:D
Yes! That would work. I am down in Victoria every couple of weeks so could pick up at 555. Thanks, BA. :)
by KJ
Sat May 14, 2011 9:11 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Wear
Replies: 183
Views: 70341

BA wrote: Still a few tees and hoodies available but they're going fast. :D
Hey BA - if you have large black hoodie and t left I would take one of each. I was a little slow on the uptake on this one.

Thanks!!
by KJ
Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:41 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Winter gloves
Replies: 21
Views: 5556

And for those on a budget Bushline Outdoor gloves - neoprene with rubber palms for grip. Usually last a season of WW kayaking in the icy cold Puntledge. I find them comfy and warm.

I think about $12 at Walmart last year.
by KJ
Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:45 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: Comox Area Sailing
Replies: 30
Views: 20775

Seems to be a welcoming and friendly vibe at the Spit the times I have been there. Typical of the island spots I have been. I'm a valley resident for a while now but new to the scene. G-Daddy's correct that there is a limited flatwater corridor for kiting but seeming lots of room otherwise. Boats go...
by KJ
Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:17 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Beginner Kiters
Replies: 22
Views: 5827

It's a great point that some windsurfers (like myself) likely don't have a clue how to land a kite so stand by so as not to make a bad situation worse. I felt like a jerk standing on the beach watching them go by but.....wasn't sure what to do or even if they needed or wanted help. It would be great...
by KJ
Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:35 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Back to windsurfing
Replies: 24
Views: 8473

Thanks for all the help and comments. After a month of "research" and introspection I bought Chewy's JP. Now for power (sails/gear). Any advice on a suitable quiver would be great. I'd like to limit to 3 sails if possible (something like 4.4 to 5.8??). For lighter days I can get out my old...
by KJ
Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:28 am

[quote="duckbill"]hi kj, I quit windsurfing in the early 90's and came back to it in 2004. When I came back a good friend gave me a used 2001, 95 litre mistral screamer that i sailed up until now. You are welcome to it if it can get you back on the water. Its easy to sail and is fast. I a...
by KJ
Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:31 pm

OK, downwind dave, Ill go for the new wetsuit. But I still like my purple/turquoise one - just too many holes. My board was (is) a West Wind SS280 - made in Texas I believe. Had lots of fun on it but about ready to break in 2, I think. Had to do some epoxy injection as the fractures started to appear.
by KJ
Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:18 am

Hey guys - thanks for the responses - even the amusing ones. No, I'm not Kevin from Ski 'n Surf - he still has kids at home. When my family was young (early 90's) we used to go on camping trips to Nitinat - first ones to camp way downwind of the boat launch, I believe (not so busy then). It was just...
by KJ
Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:23 pm

Back to windsurfing

Hi all - my first post here. Looks like a great site. Decided to get back seriously to windsurfing (still my favourite sport) as my youngest is now off to UVic. However, my 15 to 20 year old gear looks pretty worn and needing replacing and I understand that the new stuff is much better anyway. I've ...