Search found 27 matches

by jayracz
Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:25 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Port Alberni Inlet Windsports
Replies: 21
Views: 5599

If you are looking to ride bike in the Alberni Valley just drop by Ozzie Cycles on the corner of 10th and Roger. The staff there will point you in the right direction. There is so much out here that you can get lost for hours. Wall rides and board walks. lots of fun.
by jayracz
Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:58 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: broken tibia fibula
Replies: 7
Views: 2447

3 months today! Healing quite well. I think I was lucky how the break happened and how we dealt with it following the accident. (there was no violent crash it was a simple twist motion while falling that boke me.) No great war story for me. I was out at a family skate and was avoiding killing some k...
by jayracz
Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:53 am
Topic: New to Kiting?
Replies: 29
Views: 7722

Glad to say that I seem to be healing up faster then I thought (Broken leg ice skating LOL)! 3 weeks in and already have over 50% of my ankle movement back! You might hear from me sooner then later! The Nat is a real cool place to hang and watch the guys do their thing. Columbia beach is the place t...
by jayracz
Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:38 am

I'm all for it sandybeach. But check out my Boken Tibia Fibula thead lol. Some guy's get all the luck and then there is me! :lol:
by jayracz
Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:40 am

I would take you up on the offer. But I live in P.A. I started kiting in 2007 and had to go the way of self teaching. The info was not easily found at that time and being in Uclulet made it hard to find. Really was fun but slowed the process down alot. No one in the area seemed all that interested i...
by jayracz
Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:23 pm

OUCH! So far it's looking like I might miss a year at the least :cry: I was told the break was clean and not very bad by my surgeon :D So I may have a speedier recovery. My GF is also focused on feeding me the best foods. She also insists that I stay put in bed. I have to see the surgeon soon for a ...
by jayracz
Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:03 pm
Topic: The Future of the BWD Website Depends on You
Replies: 297
Views: 118016

Crap looks like I am a free loader! In my defense I have been so busy that I haven't been here in months. Things are tight in my world. Would be nice to be able to drop cash off at the local shop/school when possible! Does Wild West Water Sports in P.A. take donations for you guys? I don't do online...
by jayracz
Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:28 am

broken tibia fibula

I recently had a accident (Ice skating). of all things LOL! If it has been 20 years since you ice skated then YOU AREN"T MISSING ANYTHING! Broke my Tibia fibula and needed to get surgery to fix it. Thought I would ask a few questions on here to see what direction I should Take in the future. Se...
by jayracz
Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:54 pm
Topic: Ideal surf vehicle???
Replies: 167
Views: 33171

Astro vans rule! I have a EXT. It's the longer version. I picked it up for $1000 4 years ago. It now has over 430,000 k on it and she still purs like a kitten! The last owner took it to South America and back and then used it for a work truck. He is a Carpenter like me and I have been using it to ha...
by jayracz
Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:04 pm
Topic: Port Alberni Inlet Windsports
Replies: 21
Views: 5599

I am a fully insured local contractor with almost every carpentry tool known to man. As I stated before I will work the site for free if it would help!
by jayracz
Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:50 pm
Topic: Legal aspect on "helping"a friend kiting
Replies: 33
Views: 8505

I agree AC!
by jayracz
Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:24 am

At that time (start of 2007) money was no object Kus. I was single! LOL Lessons or infomation on kiting was hard to find though. In those days I had good jobs and traveled every where for work. I lived in my van. the only info I could dig up on my cell phone was the old OR website. I bought my gear ...
by jayracz
Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:44 pm

I personally think it all depends on the individual. I myself purchased a 3m trainer and a mountainboard when I lived in Ukee. I went out to longbeach and started to slowly self teach. I tried to find a qualified instructor or even someone with experience. But 4 years ago there was not as many peopl...
by jayracz
Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:22 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Doubles Luge - Anyone watch it last night?
Replies: 4
Views: 2196

I figure It starts with experimenting in collage with homosexuality!
by jayracz
Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:49 pm

So I guess I Shouldn't lend you my 6m ozone and my 9.5m hq montana then Teabag?