Search found 21 matches

by emearg
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:10 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: 2021 Nitinaht road reports
Replies: 11
Views: 3985

Re: 2021 Nitinaht road reports

Last Wednesday going by the toilets i had full 3G coverage until i crested the hill heading back to Cowichan. Mobile hotspot ?? i was on TELUS

Road is in great shape too !!
by emearg
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:21 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: 2021 Nitinaht road reports
Replies: 11
Views: 3985

Re: 2021 Nitinaht road reports

Perhaps South Shore around Cowichan would be better, have not been that way for a while......
by emearg
Mon May 29, 2023 11:57 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Nitinaht Wifi
Replies: 4
Views: 1375

Re: Nitinaht Wifi

Thanks for the update Bobson.
by emearg
Fri May 26, 2023 2:59 pm

Re: Nitinaht Wifi

thanks!
by emearg
Thu May 25, 2023 2:55 pm

Nitinaht Wifi

Hello,
Thought i would see if anyone knows how the internet and wifi access is this year ? Is it a pay per use as previous years or a donation system again ? Does it work well ? even the router at the water ?
Thanks in advance.
Graeme
by emearg
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:53 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Windfest & Camp Fees
Replies: 17
Views: 11347

As someone that may be there during the Windfest event but am not taking part in anything, and could care less about the music - i am fine with paying a little extra that weekend BUT if the date needs to change are you going to make it the following weekend which is the BC Day Long weekend ?? BC Day...
by emearg
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:19 pm
Topic: Nitinaht 2019 Campsite Development
Replies: 59
Views: 28441

unfortunate but more sites were needed, hopefully another outhouse got put in too.
by emearg
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:45 am
Topic: Internet at Nitinaht
Replies: 2
Views: 1949

thanks!!
by emearg
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:43 pm
Topic: Internet at Nitinaht
Replies: 2
Views: 1949

Internet at Nitinaht

hi - does anyone know if the store has internet this year and if it is functioning ok ??
Thanks !!
by emearg
Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:45 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Minor incident at Nitinat Aug 26th – feedback?
Replies: 31
Views: 12906

"screw the right of way"WTF - really ??

it should be drummed into Newbies heads what the rules on the water are....of course all are meant to avoid collisions but if i am on starboard and someone is trying to pinch upwind of me, while on port tack, they are in the wrong and should give way.
by emearg
Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:50 pm
Topic: Nitinat Kite Lessons, Launching affecting Park/water users
Replies: 60
Views: 19515

I will often sail upwind past the river mouth.... There is the bay past the Caycuse River that used to have access, drove down there once many years ago, i suspect the road is done now. Only good if the wind is really filled in though as there can be a bit of a hole there i think.
by emearg
Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:09 am
Topic: Nitinat Kite Lessons, Launching affecting Park/water users
Replies: 60
Views: 19515

I have been sailing (windsurfing) at Nitinat for quite some time as well now and over the last few years the number of kiters below the stump has increased. Just with the group i sail with we have now had numerous incidents each year where one of the younger ones learning has almost been hit by a cr...
by emearg
Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:59 am
Topic: collarbone
Replies: 37
Views: 9136

Did mine back in mid Oct - 2 plates, 10 screws broken in 4 places. Follow Dr's orders on immobilizing and Physios. I was doing gravel road riding, no falling allowed at 6 weeks it was close to another 5-6 weeks before i was allowed to fall on it. I did it playing hockey and still waited another 4 we...
by emearg
Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:02 pm
Topic: jumping near the boat ramp
Replies: 19
Views: 6122

Same guy had his kite crash about 5 feet from a buddies 10 yr old son who was learning to windsurf just west from the big stump. Scared the crap out of the kid who quickly got off the water for the day....this was before he landed on the guy east of the stump. again he apologized but obviously did n...
by emearg
Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:32 pm
Topic: Nitinat Update
Replies: 85
Views: 22321

Thanks for update Kus. Sounded like water in town was completely cut off - I am happy getting some from a natural source just want it to be unsalted one of the rivers/streams should work then....will bring more beer. Are there permanent dwellings and or people leaving big ass trailers for weeks at a...