Search found 32 matches

by slats
Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:03 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Tips for another new guy ?
Replies: 7
Views: 3255

My Advice on equipment. Get one fairly new kite, 12 meter...forget everything else. The new 12 meter kites have plenty of depower which will allow you to ride in the 16 to 26 knot range. As you learn, you will become more efficient and and will gravitate more towards a 10 to 12 meter kite around her...
by slats
Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:13 pm
Topic: Tips for another new guy ?
Replies: 7
Views: 3255

There are a bunch of us, Ken, Al, Rustin, John, Rick, Noelle, Harold and Tony, Ryan and Ray who are local in Parksville. we'll help you out and we often post who's going out on the parksville qualicum kiteboad page facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1033781829975895/ San Pariel is the best sp...
by slats
Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:02 am
Topic: Kiting for Kids 2014
Replies: 25
Views: 7345

Kiting For Kids

Thanks for the great turnout on our kiting For Kids attempt yesterday. Great to meet a lot of people that we did not already know. Too bad mother nurture didn't agree with our plans but we have all been there before and understand how these things go. Most important is that we have already reached a...
by slats
Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:48 pm
Topic: Kiting for Kids 2014
Replies: 25
Views: 7345

Attempting the pipers to Sechelt crossing thursday Oct 16

Thanks Kus, yes, a lot of safety preparation has gone into this. we have 16 confirmed kiters attempting the crossing Thursday Oct 16 and 4 support boats. We have run over the safety aspects in depth and are trying to cross in lighter winds due to the number of kiters and obvious smaller seas for the...
by slats
Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:44 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: New wide boards: Gecko, Firemove etc
Replies: 51
Views: 16041

Right. What piqued my interest was your comment about the liner not changing after the heat fit. I never expect to have a boot fit out of the box and my left foot was pretty bad but I like the fit around the calf and the stiffness of the boot and the density of the liner. My right foot was much bett...
by slats
Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:48 am

Interesting you say that about the Solomon Quest Max. I tried on a multitude of boots this year after making a bad decision on buying a pair Rossi 90's last year for fit alone and an acceptance that at age 50 my skills are much lower than when I was younger. I couldn't get the Technica's to feel lik...
by slats
Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:36 pm

That's hilarious!...I thought I was bad. I still have skis from 30plus years ago in the attic. I usually rotate three pairs of skis (and boots). My ski quiver is much different though. I usually keep a pair of race boards razor sharp for bulletproof days and charity races, then a pair of GS boards f...
by slats
Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:44 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Storm Riding, YOU and ME!!
Replies: 44
Views: 13527

pre trip planning with the coast guard last year before we crossed the strait and back, they said that PFD's were mandatory with dry suits since they do not have any floatation.
by slats
Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:54 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Victoria Pub Crawl
Replies: 2
Views: 1435

Thanks Steve
ok, that's one...need a half dozen more..c'mon people...help a thirsty sailor out...
by slats
Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:39 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Victoria Pub Crawl
Replies: 2
Views: 1435

Victoria Pub Crawl

hey, I think a lot of the BWD peeps like a good brew and know the local establishments so I was wondering if you could put together a list of the best places and the best brews to sample for a Victoria Pub Crawl that myself and a few UpIlanders are going to be doing in mid October. I'd like to hit s...
by slats
Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:41 pm
Topic: Dear Dude who kept moving my SUP off of the beach...
Replies: 32
Views: 8255

I just spoke with the conservation officer. The trap set out last nite has caught what appears to be a "windsurfer". apparently the inflatable SUP that they dangled inside the cage was enough to entice the varmint...so they think they caught the culprit. plans are to release him at san par...
by slats
Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:49 am
Topic: Please remember the lake belongs to everyone...
Replies: 21
Views: 5618

seggregation 50 years later

50 years ago today, Martin Luther King gave his famous speech. I too have a dream. I dream of a lake that is joined in the harmonious persuit of wind and not weighed down by the chains of segregation. We must unite and cash in our federal govt cheques for equality in space and wind for all. Ramen. p...
by slats
Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:33 am
Topic: jumping near the boat ramp
Replies: 19
Views: 6126

yup, we've all seen it and even made a few mistakes ourselves. Thing is, I think the people that frequent this forum are the ones that give a shit about our behaviour and each other. The people that are showboating and are displaying a lack of regard are probably the ones who do not donate to the si...
by slats
Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:07 pm
Topic: People reserving spots at Nitinat
Replies: 26
Views: 6318

one big lake

That's one big lake and we are a pretty big wind community all crammed into one fairly small campsite for a few shorts months of the year.
are there any other camping or access points on the lake?
by slats
Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:30 am
Topic: Nitinat Update
Replies: 85
Views: 22423

Confucius

Confucius say: woman who fly upside down in airplane
have crack up.