Search found 8 matches

by JDR
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:50 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 82551

Thanks for the suggestion re: the dacron tape Lateriser - will definitely pick some up (and hope I won't need to use it). I like the longboard suggestion and may give it a shot as well. As a new foiler, I'm realizing how helpful it would be to sort out the foil behind a boat and then put it all toge...
by JDR
Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:47 pm

Tempy - thanks for the CKR suggestion. Will be contacting them tomorrow.
by JDR
Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:34 pm

I decided to try Willows today as well as I'm still working to get up on foil and the last few times at Ross Bay have been a challenge with the chop. Was really looking forward to it with the stronger wind today until I pulled the ultimate kook move, which I'll share here in case it helps others (al...
by JDR
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:03 pm

Getting back to my wing and new Gong Hipe and foil after a 3-month hiatus. I tried getting out a few times over the winter, but as someone who is new to winging and foiling, quickly realized I needed calmer conditions to sort out the basics. Between the shore pound, strong winds and chop and the fac...
by JDR
Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:58 am
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100414

Good point re: quality - I figured I was buying into the lower end given the price, but hopefully good as a first board. I was also interested in the portability angle (and hoping performance isn't impacted too much - reviews seem to suggest it is surprisingly good for an inflatable).
by JDR
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:29 am
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100414

For those who are interested, Gong currently has a promotion on their website for a board and foil package. They provide a 10% discount if ordered together. I just ordered a 5'3" Hipe, XL foil (comes with 65 cm mast) and added a 90 cm mast. Total of €836 (just under CAD$1300). Waiting to hear o...
by JDR
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:05 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Hello and advice
Replies: 20
Views: 10120

TonyT1000: Thanks for pointing those out. I clearly missed them in my initial search. Lots of great info there - very helpful!
by JDR
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:22 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Hello and advice
Replies: 20
Views: 10120

Hi All, I'm a newbie who has recently completed both ground kite lessons (Victoria) and water lessons (China Creek). I was looking at buying used kite gear to use in continued lessons with the goal of eventually taking a step into local kiting in Victoria (after building up the necessary experience ...