Search found 14 matches

by Tom B
Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:15 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Gone with the wind
Replies: 32
Views: 6789

I agree with Kus, I think most windsurfers would agree that windsurfing is pretty rad - and isn't getting any less rad in the future. Less popular, perhaps, but it will continue to be a pretty awesome sport: check out photos from the oregon coast crew. Definately tough to learn though, and demanding...
by Tom B
Tue May 31, 2011 12:20 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Cutting a mast down
Replies: 17
Views: 4989

I have a 350 that I cut down from a 430. That is stiff! I prefer it to the recommended stiffness masts for my 4.0. More punch, less leech twist, more hang time.

I could be the only one with this opinion though.
by Tom B
Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:22 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Wear
Replies: 183
Views: 70332

I'd be interested in one large T.
Thanks.
by Tom B
Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:51 pm
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 85470

The UWash wind models are very valuable. I use them frequently to figure out where and when to sail. tom.
by Tom B
Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:03 pm
Topic: Cabo San Lucas to La Ventana?
Replies: 14
Views: 3608

Yes, a few years ago when I visited Los Barriles, we took the bus from the Cabo airport. We took a cab to Santa Anita (10 kms north of the airport), then waited for a "Aquilara" bus. This was no problem, and I think you could catch a bus from in front of the airport on the highway also. Be...
by Tom B
Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:30 pm
Topic: board repairs - version 2
Replies: 9
Views: 2370

I've tucktaped many a board back together. Duct tape isn't as permanent as Tucktape, thus is not reccomended. Tucktape is much cooler, and it has the upscale brand name thing going for it. Even better is to epoxy the tucktape in there.
by Tom B
Thu May 22, 2008 3:05 pm
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: Desktop applets?
Replies: 22
Views: 11554

That is awesome Dave, have you tried feeding that applet to anything yet?
by Tom B
Tue May 13, 2008 9:51 pm
Topic: photo from dallas road last weekend
Replies: 5
Views: 1895

Hey, those are great shots. Thanks for coming down!
by Tom B
Sat May 03, 2008 10:38 pm
Topic: Windsurfing in Thailand
Replies: 3
Views: 1331

I think Mui Ne in Viet Nam is the place to go. The wind in Thailand is rather spotty; however, this is just my experience, others might know more. Vietnam isn't far from Thailand . . . although I wouldn't you'd best go through Laos or fly because Cambodia doesn't have good roads and you need a visa ...
by Tom B
Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:43 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Johnny Read
Replies: 97
Views: 49918

This is very sad news. I didn't know John well, but his enthusiasm was an inspiration to all. I remember him explaining his windsurf sails to me, cutting the grass (and checking the wind) on Dallas Rd., and of course going huge at Cook St with a big grin. My deepest sympathies go out to his family a...
by Tom B
Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:23 am
Topic: Swap meet and work party/Nitnat
Replies: 50
Views: 12299

The campsite currently has flagging across the entrance. I'm not sure about the legality of working in the campsite. There is a significant amount of work to be done sawing and moving trees, very similiar to Stanley Park in Vancouver. The areas with the worst blowdowns are in the second growth hemlo...
by Tom B
Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:29 pm
Topic: Nitinat Campsite Report?
Replies: 11
Views: 3110

Nitinat Campsite Report?

Anyone out there in Bigwavedaveland know the current status of:

-the road into Nitinat?
-the campsite access road?
-the actual campsite?

Thanks!!

Tom B.
by Tom B
Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:59 pm
Topic: Book format, software & applications
Replies: 8
Views: 2224

I have had problems using Corel draw for files bigger than 15O MB and would likely be more trouble than it's worth for a whole book. Corel seems to fill up the temp drive quickly with large files. It is good for individual figures, and it is very easy to export as a Jpeg or PDF. I don't know much ab...
by Tom B
Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:22 pm
Topic: Is winter sailing really worth it?
Replies: 22
Views: 4488

Winter sailing is rather hit and miss at times, but when it's good it's awesome. I learned the basics of windsurfing in the winter and enjoy having fun in weather most people avoid. Put my vote in the yes for winter sailing column.

Tom B.