Search found 37 matches

by Skeltic
Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:50 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kiting lessons
Replies: 30
Views: 7935

JL wrote:Same rules apply @ Island view. Dog walkers etc. have the right of way :P
Sorry only starboard tack dog walkers....
by Skeltic
Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:23 am

..... and get a friend who kites to help/ hold your harness the first while. Don't fly the 5-6 meter in any more then 17 knots on land
by Skeltic
Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:38 am

If you want to practice on land get a small kite with short lines. Way less likely to hurt yourself. Get a 6 or a 5m. This kite would be good also at learning to body drag and later on you can use it in high winds once you are proficient at kiting
by Skeltic
Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:06 am
Topic: Olympic sailing class considerations
Replies: 77
Views: 18004

Boats must be one design, from Identical molds. moths are closed box rules.
by Skeltic
Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:12 pm
Topic: etiquette and consideration
Replies: 52
Views: 15744

by Skeltic
Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:17 am
Topic: etiquette and consideration
Replies: 52
Views: 15744

^too true
by Skeltic
Sat May 12, 2012 7:22 am
Topic: One frayed line
Replies: 9
Views: 2509

If you need to ask........

Just spend the cash. You are new as you say and around the Island most places you can launch are not a waste deep lagoon with beaches that stretch for miles. If your gear fails here you may get dragged out to sea or be forced to climb some sharp boldery cliff or some other undesirable scenario. The ...
by Skeltic
Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:23 am
Forum: News
Topic: Please help us get the votes!!
Replies: 4
Views: 5544

you are correct mf4. Thought it was gov at first but after reading more..... There was a group that presented about this at our Morning Rotary meeting and it seemed that it was gov funds but you are right\
by Skeltic
Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Thank you Cindy
by Skeltic
Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:57 am

Please help us get the votes!!

Hi everyone, I do not ask people to click on things too often but this one is a good cause. It is a local native band in Port Alberni, the Tseshaht trying to get gov funding. How this works is that you sign up to this site and vote and if they win they get 100-150,000 to build a canoe park near Port...
by Skeltic
Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:24 pm
Topic: Caberete
Views: 1753

To me kite beach is good but I would rather have new folk launch just downwind a few hundred feet from Viva Wyndham Tangerine, it is the best learner spot and as an intermediate you can try you hand at those big waves on the reef off shore. Also do yourself a favour and one day go up wind to at leas...
by Skeltic
Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:56 pm
Topic: Caberete
Views: 1753

I spent 6 months there and have a few suggestions. BUt first I don't know you so I ask how good a kiter do you consider yourself and what conditions do you prefer ie waves huge med small
by Skeltic
Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:30 pm
Topic: Worn Depower Rope Advice?
Replies: 7
Views: 2126

Yup that will work, I got reams of that really cheap dienima (spelling_) rope, you can't buy the grey in any chandelier because it is the worst of the worst reserved for manufactures that go on the cheep.... north buys that stuff by the mega tonne, think north kites north sails ect Buy the pink stuf...
by Skeltic
Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:45 am
Topic: 1
Replies: 12
Views: 3713

I am a friend of Eric's, I use them to teach with. I ride them, my current favourite kite is a wave from 2005. I am not a dealer or a retailer of EH kites, I am not particularity brand loyal, I just don't like to see Eric's name and great kites dragged though the mud. We got lots of EH kites here an...
by Skeltic
Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:01 am
Topic: 1
Replies: 12
Views: 3713

I am not meaning to start trouble here. I saw a photo of the infamous Beast which brought back many horrible experiences (and most EH products for that matter, though I did not try the Ovando) and felt the need to inform the public. So I guess you don't mean to be trolling The Kite -Poorly built- Mo...