Search found 10 matches

by JSmith
Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:17 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Mast clamp needed.
Replies: 4
Views: 1390

Mast clamp needed.

I bought a cheep, huge ass board to learn how to windsurf on but i did not realize it dosnt have a mast clamp. Mast clamp conects the boom to the mast, right? So does anyone have a used mast clamp to sell? I assume there are several different styles and sizes to make this real simple. :roll: Thanks ...
by JSmith
Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:11 am
Topic: Anyone know what Shawnigan Lake is like
Replies: 1
Views: 722

Anyone know what Shawnigan Lake is like

Anyone know what Shawnigan Lake is like for beginers learning to windsurf? :-k
by JSmith
Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:03 pm
Topic: Any recomendations for water to learn to windsurf?
Views: 1198

Thanks for the advice! I will keep my eye on Willows beach. By the way, is Shawnigan doable?

I DO have a crab trap! Nice idea, a day of fun in the sun and dinner to bring home to cool the matrial heat! :roll:
by JSmith
Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:48 pm
Topic: Any recomendations for water to learn to windsurf?
Views: 1198

Any recomendations for water to learn to windsurf?

Hi!

Finally got myself a bigass 10' board to learn how to windsurf! Where would be a good place to practice? I live in Victoria. I thought Elk Lake would be good but someone said the wind can be "squirly"???

Any recomendations?

Thanks a ton,

Jeremy.
by JSmith
Wed May 16, 2007 10:02 am
Topic: Board Repairs. Complicated?
Replies: 6
Views: 1537

How can you tell by looking at the board if it would be a glass repair or a epoxy repair?

JS.
by JSmith
Wed May 16, 2007 9:57 am

Not sure if it is a BIC. How can you tell? The board is $75 with mast, boom and dagger. What do you think?

JS.
by JSmith
Wed May 16, 2007 8:14 am

Board Repairs. Complicated?

Hey all. Looking at buying a beginner board but the edge is in rough shape. Lots of chips and cracks. Just to get my hans on a beginner board and get out there would it be as simple as running an ugly strip of fiberglass around the edge to seal it up? Sounds hokie to me but maybe it will work? Toner...
by JSmith
Fri May 11, 2007 12:56 pm
Topic: Advice needed on first board purchase.
Views: 1541

Thanks for the advice

Thanks for the advice. Ive read a lot online about Go boards. I will see if i can pick one up.

J.
by JSmith
Fri May 11, 2007 11:14 am
Topic: Advice needed on first board purchase.
Views: 1541

Advice needed on first board purchase.

Hey. On-line a guy is offering to sell me a freestyle duralite,13ft aprox,and 2ft 3 wide, sial, mast and keel. He has not mentioned boom yet. Thinking he forgot. We shall see. Dont know how old. All for the "low low" price of $300. I already have a couple of sails and booms and a extention...
by JSmith
Wed May 02, 2007 2:56 pm
Topic: Question for anyone online at the moment.
Replies: 9
Views: 2956

Question for anyone online at the moment.

About to make a 3 hour drive to pick up a used beginner board needing repairs. Seller tells me where the mast extention attaches to the board has a brocken part. Next to or on the bendable piece. I thought there was just a whole on the board for the mast extention?

Anyone have a clue?

Jeremy.