Search found 242 matches

by MartyD
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:48 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Apologies to Nitinat Lake Staff
Replies: 0
Views: 820

Apologies to Nitinat Lake Staff

Attention wind community, On behalf of Strong Kiteboarding, we would like to issue an apology to the Nitinat Lake campground hosts, as well as everyone involved in the Ditidaht Corporation. We recognize our behavior over the past few years has been hurtful and inappropriate at times, especially over...
by MartyD
Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:27 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Nitinaht AED
Replies: 1
Views: 793

Re: Nitinaht AED

I have the AED in storage. I will pull it out and get it to someone to bring up there. Richard Badman organized the fundraiser and made everything happen. Strong kiteboarding was just hosting his efforts.
by MartyD
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:18 pm
Topic: Free drive to La Ventana
Views: 630

Free drive to La Ventana

Who wants to drive down to La Ventana? I need another driver to drive an Escalade with me. Gas and room will be covered. Wanting to leave Oct 18-20 and bomb it down in 4-5 days.
by MartyD
Tue May 10, 2022 1:00 pm
Topic: Looking for Kite Instructor. Willing to train!
Views: 856

Looking for Kite Instructor. Willing to train!

Job add.png Still looking for another team member or 2. Only 1 IKO training spot left with $500 discount if you work at Strong for the summer! Looking for full-time but part-time can also be negotiated. Higher wages for wing training or instructor experience. 250 813 0035 for more info Info@strongk...
by MartyD
Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:37 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Armstrong Dealer
Views: 752

Armstrong Dealer

We are happy to announce that Strong Kiteboarding is officially an Armstrong dealer! We will be soon placing our first order. Almost everything is in stock at the moment. We are also putting in a Mystic order. Items should be well stocked by May. Offering discounts on any pre-ordered products from A...
by MartyD
Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:36 am
Topic: Armstrong Dealer
Views: 1035

Armstrong Dealer

We are happy to announce that Strong Kiteboarding is officially an Armstrong dealer! We will be soon placing our first order. Almost everything is in stock at the moment. We are also putting in a Mystic order. Items should be well stocked by May. Offering discounts on any pre-ordered products from A...
by MartyD
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:21 pm
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 146843

Re: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips

I hope the rider is OK. We are going to lose that spot. I see incredibly sketchy stuff go down almost every time I am there. We need to self police. It is not a beginner spot. You can usually tell who it will happen to when they are launching or entering the water. It does not have to aggressive but...
by MartyD
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:21 pm
Topic: Found Ocean Rodeo orange mako board 140 at Clover
Replies: 2
Views: 1920

With a go Joe?
by MartyD
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:29 am
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 82449

I am providing lessons Jason. 250 eight one three 0035
by MartyD
Mon May 31, 2021 8:09 am
Topic: Nitinaht Camping July 22-25
Replies: 2
Views: 2248

Hey Pete

I run Strong kiteboarding and I can help you out locally(in Victoria) as soon as this week!

Marty
by MartyD
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:40 am
Topic: Greater Victoria Windsports Society @ Clover Point
Replies: 9
Views: 4677

Thanks for your work guys! Any chance we could lobby for a weather station and webcam?
by MartyD
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:00 am
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 82449

In steady wind and warmer water you will have no problem WD. I assumed basically impossible, but found it not too bad when powered. If you already foil, surf, SUP, windsurf then it is not too much of a step.
by MartyD
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:44 pm
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100363

Well whatever is going on that F-One Rocket is a really nice board👌 I would like to try it in a 50-60L. The 40L Alien Air I rode was just an old kitefoil board and I wanted to see if it was possible. It is so tiny that the "surface tension", or whatever effect it is, was non ex...
by MartyD
Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:53 pm

Juan I can say the concave makes a huge difference. My LP is beveled but no concave and felt fine when I was learning. After riding the double concave F-One rocket it almost felt "greasy" when waterstarting but in a good way. A couple of bounces and the surface tension just seemed to disap...
by MartyD
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:24 am

Great advice Juan! I did get down to riding a 40L board(one guy was on a 33L) in the warm water, but I don't think I will do it anywhere but Nitinat. It is an absolute blast and feels amazing, but I don't think I will do it in the ocean here unless conditions are perfect. The reason being that even ...