Search found 19 matches

by skipro
Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:20 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Nitinaht 2015: Road/Camp updates
Replies: 55
Views: 15402

Road update

Grader was working friday and it was very good. Even better coming out sunday. Could go 50kph on most of it in my lowered honda fit(i know,i know,). Water had infiltrated much of the route so it was like smooth packed clay.
by skipro
Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:37 pm
Topic: For Windsurfers only
Replies: 8
Views: 2258

Doesnt look like a sunday afternoon cruise.....mucho concentration needed. Not a good sell when the foil gets passed by a conventional board near the end of the vid. May be a dumb question but why wouldn't you have 2 hydrofoils on a board like a hydrofoil boat? Or the Hydroptere(sp) tha held the spe...
by skipro
Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:44 pm
Topic: taking a baby to nitinat?
Replies: 10
Views: 3422

Awesome for kids

I think Nitinat would be great with kids and I wouldn't shy away from the Nat because of a worry about the baby making noise. When it is windy there is so much noise from the wind itself nobody would be able to hear a crying baby. I would say though that it might be nicer to be away from the chaos a...
by skipro
Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:54 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Propane Firepit accidentally taken at Nitnat from campsite
Replies: 10
Views: 4700

Open fire aperatus

Fyi. Camped this weekend at birkenhead provincial park and they will rent you a propane firepit to use. 14 per night and have an exchange tank program. Flame limited to 15cm high(and they were checking height...).
FSR sites may be different.
craig.
by skipro
Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:49 am
Topic: 2015 Nitinaht Lake Fees and Politics
Replies: 82
Views: 24452

google maps shows a road come down quite close to the beach on the west side of the river....interesting. Sheltered beach. only 10 more min on the logging rd...
by skipro
Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:47 am

I think (with no exp in road construction) the cheaper fix is to extend the existing loop by adding another to the west. Extend along the beach towards the river, and loop back to meet the main loop you would save the cost in creation of a new road from the fsr to the beach west of the river. Althou...
by skipro
Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:16 am

Has there been any discussion about extending the campground? adding a second loop out towards the river? Partially using the river trail? If there is a serious movement to collect fees, could there be an initiative to lay in a road and add some pads. I'm sure the kiting community, who have gracious...
by skipro
Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:00 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Best Visa for Aeroplan or travel miles
Replies: 21
Views: 7948

Mastercard?

I have a credit union mastercard that collects choice rewards "points". With the platinum you get 2 points for every dollar spent, and they can be redeemed through their travel agency dollar for 100 pts for anything you can book online +$26.00 admin fee per purchase (once for 3 flights to ...
by skipro
Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:39 pm
Topic: Nitinaht 2014: Road/Camp updates
Replies: 85
Views: 22610

Has anyone checked out the campsite further up the Carmanah Rd on the lake? I think it has some permenant residents, not sure of ownership or control. Maybe The Nitinat FSR Site as we know it is changing enough that it has lost some of its appeal. I love it, but only get a chance to go either in Jun...
by skipro
Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:35 pm
Topic: What length harness lines you sailing?
Replies: 30
Views: 7593

Harness line length

Hey Keith, I picked up a pair of adjustable lines at the Jericho swap this year. I am not using them (not mounted on a boom), You are welcome to try them at the Nat, figure out the size you need and then mail order some sets. I believe they are Rushwind, with a webbing buckle on one side so you coul...
by skipro
Thu May 17, 2012 12:18 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Dimensions for a land sailor
Replies: 7
Views: 2124

landskate

KC could you put a big swivel roller on the front so it is more like actual windsurfing? rear wheels would grip like a fin, but the nose could swing?

Might not work for carving gybes etc. like a skateboard would.

don't hurt yourself for actual windsurfing. Land is harder than water.
Cheers,
Craig
by skipro
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:53 am
Topic: Point 7 Sails
Replies: 21
Views: 3990

looking good

shame about the rip Keith! was it the breakwater? Somehow the baby blue neo shirt looks out of place now. I say go full Ninja! face mask and all. black board, black everything. Flat black though like those rap stars cars. See you on the water. Back on black is the new sexy WS style. I have some blac...
by skipro
Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:44 am
Topic: Nitinaht update!
Replies: 91
Views: 23590

option 2

Keith your wife may not mind the truck bed, if she knew that option #2 was on the gorge rack....at least they are padded. (hope you don't end up up there...

It will be great to have a frosty wobbly pop with you again.
by skipro
Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:41 am

Aug Long

Hey KC, Yes I am heading out with a friend on the late ferry from HB on Friday, we are staying in Youbou Friday night, and heading to the lake first thing Sat morning. If you are there fri can you keep an eye out for a spot for us? I will have a small car, and two tents. Looking to share a picnic ta...
by skipro
Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:27 am

Nitinat August Long

Just checking to see if there is a fire ban on currently for the Nat area? Doesn't sound like it is as busy as it has been in previous years, (weather related) wondering if i need the two story tent to save on real estate. See you all this weekend! pray for wind, sun, warm water, cold beer. Thanks. ...