Search found 27 matches

by Iggy
Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:12 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Johnny Read's last blast - The Big Bang
Replies: 72
Views: 23610

Johnny's Last Blast

Wow! Pledge total to date is $540. I've made arrangments for a few extra rockets, looks like we're going to get a 10" for the final blast too, awesome if I do say so, John would approve!! Costs will go over $600, I'll update with final figure in the next couple of days. For anybody who has not ...
by Iggy
Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:47 pm

Johnnys' Last Blast

Agree Voodmon,
We're going let him go, this is just goodbye.
by Iggy
Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:15 pm

Johnny Reads' Last Blast

Hi all. Collecting the funds seemed like it might be problematic. What I'm going to try and do is put a gallon honey jar at the Park Headquarters ( 100 Cook Street ) where John worked so everyone can just stop by a drop in their contributions. I have to get this authorized tomorrow. I'll post when i...
by Iggy
Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:28 am

Johnny's last blast

We've got 5 pledges totaling $185 so far. 21 other people are "in". Total projected cost = $600 - $185 = $415 / 21 = $19.76 ($20.00) each If anybody else wants to make a pledge just post it. I'm still working with the pyro trying to push the envelope on mortar size. The bigger the mortar t...
by Iggy
Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:02 pm

I'm in for $50
by Iggy
Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:21 pm

Johnny's last blast

Met with Don from AFA Fireworks tonight, we're planning Finlayson Point for the set up & launch site. We can rope off everything south of the sidewalk. Plan for an evening BBQ/pot luck/beers, wait till dark & let er rip... 55 ( one for each of Johnny's years) smaller white flares, then all 5...
by Iggy
Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:45 pm

Johnny's last blast

We need a licensed pyrotechnician to buy this stuff & sadly he reqiures a permit & liability insurance to set it off. I'm meeting him today to scope out a site, I'm hoping for a beach launch somewhere between the stairs. The permit requirements are 300' clear all around so Clover or Holland ...
by Iggy
Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:51 pm

Johnny's last blast

Hi all, Thanks for the excellent response. I'm working with the pyro guy to make certain we get permits. No dates yet, how about May/June when the weather's warmer. Permit may take awhile, will keep you all posted. I'll post a collection point for funds when we're all in. Anybody with complimentary ...
by Iggy
Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:14 am

Johnny Read's last blast - The Big Bang

There's a plan in the works to spread Johnny Read's ashes at Cook St. John's spoken wish was to go out with a bang, the bigger the better!! With this in mind we are planning for a professional pyrotechnician to be on hand to launch 5 X 5" rockets, these will get about 500' of "air" be...
by Iggy
Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:30 pm
Topic: Johnny Read
Replies: 97
Views: 50909

Early Days at Nitinat

John talking about the early days at Nitinat when a full house was a dozen people. I remember them well John...sometimes like yesterday... wish you were here to reminisce about the old days my friend... we all miss you. Posted by Johnny Read May 2006 Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:45 am Post subject: Be...
by Iggy
Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:22 pm
Topic: Johnny Read
Replies: 97
Views: 50909

Memories of Johnny Read, I've know John longer than I can remember, we worked together at Coastline Tree Service, a job I got him that for better or worse shaped much of his career. Things often fell near John. One day he was roped into a big oak tree, there was a loud crack the trunk spilt and half...