Views: 3222

Classic!!!!
by saulman
Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:57 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Board repair in Nanaimo area
Replies: 21

dd what kind of vacuum pump do you have? would it be worth putting it on a pump once I get it back?

I don't disagree with how it will work in a year. Unfortunately I'm not there yet but thanks for the reminder.

S
by saulman
Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:28 pm

Well, I'm wussing out. I took it to Island Longboards this week. Apparently his jobs are pretty good. They say he's "not a people person" (too much fumes or something) so I haven't been able to speak with him directly. From what i can determine, he'll fill the damaged pvc foam with epoxy f...
by saulman
Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:24 pm

GD,
any idea who does the repairs for island longboards? I'd like to talk to the guy with the sandpaper in his hands.

Anyone had work done by Chris Barfoot?
by saulman
Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:20 pm

Kus I think you have captured the philosophy of board dings well. We might need to start a "Deep thoughts by Kus" page. I haven't had a chance yet to speak with any local repair guys so I'm still deciding what direction to take. But I have been pouring through the great repair resources on...
by saulman
Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:58 pm

Board repair in Nanaimo area

I just bought Bobson's pristine Starboard Futura 133 (Technora). Took it out twice and have put significant ding in the nose from a stinkin' catapult. @*%! (I'll be asking for a Deviator for Xmas.) I'm in Nanaimo. Who in this area does repairs? Any comments on their repairs wrt quality, workmanship,...
by saulman
Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:48 pm
Forum: News
Topic: New Google Wind Maps
Replies: 12
Views: 9012

What are the red dots on the wind graphs?
by saulman
Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:58 pm
Topic: Mast clamp needed.
Replies: 4
Views: 1380

It could be how your trying to use the boom that you have. We windsurfed for many years before the clamp came along. The trick is to take up the slack in the in-haul with the boom swung toward the mast. Then when you swing the boom back out it tightens up like crazy. Given the choice, I'd rather hav...