Search found 72 matches

by 57palm
Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:01 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Surfboard Kite Video
Replies: 6
Views: 2126

Erik try this site and look at the forums for "show us what you got". A few great strapless surf videos of triple s stuff with some great riders. Myself I am hooked on the skim now, strapless, finless, tons of fun. I frequent this site alot. www.losethestraps.com A work in progress part 2 ...
by 57palm
Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:38 pm
Topic: HELMETS!!!!!!
Replies: 29
Views: 7320

Yeah Ned, that is the same helmet I have and I use it with the padding in the summer and with the padding removed it fits great over my wetsuit hood in the winter. In fact this is one of the main reasons I bought it. The other was that it fit better than all the other ones I tried out.

Reuben
by 57palm
Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:52 pm

Jim, sorry you missed out yesterday, it was fun. I have to work tomorrow morning otherwise you know where I would be. Only problem is the NE get a little chilly brrrrrrrr........................

Reuben
by 57palm
Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:29 pm

Hey CJ (Chris ?) I have to rebut your comments about helmets. I have done many major wipe outs and never felt any extra "pull" from my helmet. I would suggest if you hit that hard in that direction you will be getting whiplash with or without a helmet. Also about the lines. Better to be wr...
by 57palm
Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Hey snarfer, good of you to speak up. I did not intend to drag anyone through the mud but it does seem the post had its desired affect on at least one person. Way to go. Like BK said you wear the helmet for the stuff you can't plan for. I still think you got off lucky, and you are not alone.

Reuben
by 57palm
Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:37 am

HELMETS!!!!!!

So I have been using a helmet most of this year after beginning without one. It only dawned on me to wear one when my brother said this: "once it is on you don't even know it is there so why wouldn't you wear it". So true, so true. Besides the dork factor (looks goofy) there really is no r...
by 57palm
Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:52 pm
Topic: Kite video night Friday, Dec. 4,at the Shark Club - Victoria
Replies: 7
Views: 2252

Great Idea Todd. I would be into that. See you there. Best videos I have seen lately were a few from F-one on vimeo and a great one called shades of green from Ben Wilson Surf.

Reuben
by 57palm
Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:25 pm
Topic: Naish Cult or Helix reviews ??? thinking of buying not sure
Replies: 14
Views: 3830

yeah heading to IV tomorrow AM for sure. See you there. I will bring the rocket fish to try also.

Reuben
by 57palm
Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:35 am

Great Idea, question is how ?? demos are few and far between around here.

Reuben
by 57palm
Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:15 am

Dave I thought you were a Naish guy ? Hit the gym ?. I don't have a problem handling the rise it's just in a perfect world I would be able to fly one handed side to side with perfect response in all wind ranges. Like you said no kite does it all perfectly. I am thinking I should just stop worrying a...
by 57palm
Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:57 pm
Topic: Lost Mako again clover point area
Replies: 11
Views: 2633

Again Ryan. What were you two doing way down there ?? (Ross Bay). Filled in pretty good later. Powered on my 10m and skim and lovin it.

Reuben
by 57palm
Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:42 pm

Response and price deals$$$

Hey AC, sorry for the earlier comment just meant in jest. As for all you guys thanks for the info. I was thinking the Cult was likely better for what I am after (wind range depower strapless freeride over freestyle) but was not in love with the pulley-ed steering lines. I have the Rise (direct lines...
by 57palm
Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:09 am

Sorry AC............
by 57palm
Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:26 pm

Naish Cult or Helix reviews ??? thinking of buying not sure

Naish Cult or Helix reviews ??? Looking at buying 2009 cults or 2009 helix on a super blowout price. Thinking 10.5m and 13.5m maybe 7.5m. Can you naish riders let me know what the difference is in the two ?? How does the cult pulley bridle feel in the hands ?? for aggressive freeriding should I go c...
by 57palm
Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:03 pm
Topic: Naish sol ?? anyone ride one ??
Replies: 0
Views: 486

Naish sol ?? anyone ride one ??

Thinking of trying the Naish sol. Anyone use one and have some input. i think I saw Arturo with one this summer.

Reuben