Search found 33 matches

by gorge_r_and_d
Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:05 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: 2017... Going inflatable
Replies: 23
Views: 6960

You guys are idiots! ... anything that makes windsurfing cheaper, more convenient & accessible is a good thing. I fit 6 of these in the back of my Suby wagon & had shortboards on top. Not every one has a van or wants one... http://chinooksailing.com/index.php/sup/inflatable-boards.html WE ar...
by gorge_r_and_d
Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:02 am
Topic: Clew-View Boom Mount
Replies: 33
Views: 8783

lookin good ... loved those sails!
by gorge_r_and_d
Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:16 am
Topic: Columbia River video of Fat Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Replies: 5
Views: 1814

...got a piece of that myself ... Blown off 3.7 at the Hatch at 6pm - just could not sheet in! Shoulda rigged that 3.5 QU4D....
by gorge_r_and_d
Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:54 pm
Topic: KA Sail - Euro order
Replies: 9
Views: 2435

nanmoo wrote:and Maui... for now at least.

What closed in the Gorge?
? ... none I heard of. Still BigWinds, Windance, GorgeSurf
by gorge_r_and_d
Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:27 pm
Topic: Any lovers of the Hot Sails Liquid?
Replies: 12
Views: 2516

Hehe yeah 6 battens are SOOO 2 years ago.....
by gorge_r_and_d
Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:02 pm
Topic: Any lovers of the Hot Sails Liquid?
Replies: 12
Views: 2516

wait till the verdict is in on the GPX...
by gorge_r_and_d
Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:33 am
Topic: 4 vs 5 batten sails
Replies: 30
Views: 8861

I bore witness to the KS3 in Baja and it has more grunt and shape than the FL or QU4D, looks funny, and is a bit heavier in the construction since they were able to save weight by losing a batten. Basically like an on/off switch. QU4D is what you want for FUN! Yeah will probably try one size of KS3...
by gorge_r_and_d
Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:46 pm

I am about 163# right now & really like the balance of soft/direct & the super lightweight & compact shape + great range. The new KS3 is supposed to have great range too but RADICALLY more direct & rigid in feel.
by gorge_r_and_d
Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:21 am

Slogging out a 4.3 in 20 knots then putting it on a glassy logo wave that generates its own wind to me was the telling test. telling test of what though. these are conditions you get exactly never here at home. is this a specialty sail you use only on your holiday? i gotta question the logic. What ...
by gorge_r_and_d
Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Yeah I just mean I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference between my fires and the quad had I not ridden them back to back in side off conditions. In bump and jump I think it's a lot harder to discern things other then straight line speed and overall feel. Slogging out a 4.3 in 20 knots then...
by gorge_r_and_d
Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:19 pm

I don't think you can generalize anymore with modern sail & # of battens. For sure the 6batten Fire was one of the most stable sails I ever had & the S.O before that. However, I think it is more about the "Feel" you want rather than ultimate wind range. For instance last year I rep...
by gorge_r_and_d
Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:21 am
Topic: Boom hurts me hands - ideas?
Replies: 14
Views: 2880

Hey Nanmoo, We have not had any complaints at all on the new grip. We have sold a few thousand since Spring 2009 too 8) ... That said, we use a new grip manufacturer on the new boom, & it is slightly harder. Most people - so far, actually prefer the more firm grip to the squishier stuff. I think...
by gorge_r_and_d
Tue May 31, 2011 2:17 pm
Topic: Cutting a mast down
Replies: 17
Views: 5017

Yeah IMHO they will be really bad on sails designed for flexier tops such as Pryde, Hot, maybe Goya, Ezzy, Simmer, North.

But should work on Gaastra(obviously), Vandal, Mauisails, Naish maybe Severne..... sound like KA too.
by gorge_r_and_d
Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm
Topic: Cutting a mast down
Replies: 17
Views: 5017

Re: mast

KC 7777. Didn't think it was a good idea to remove the collar on your extension? Splitting the mast being the reason I was told. Man I am learning a lot. I haven't actually ever done this (no collar on an extension), just thought it would save another 1- 2 cm from being cut off - if I did cut it. S...
by gorge_r_and_d
Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:56 am
Topic: Shipping stuff from the Gorge
Replies: 10
Views: 3266

It has been a frustrating time for me in my endeavor to offer windsurfing equipment locally and try to pass on deals. My idea of convenience of beach delivery and sharing wholesale pricing by being able to secure distribution pricing has failed. What I found curious tho was that it wasn't so much t...