Search found 1960 matches

by nanmoo
Thu May 27, 2021 3:34 pm
Forum: News
Topic: BWD v2.0
Replies: 31
Views: 13655

I stand by that statement. 90% of the people doing it already WSurf or Kite. It will persist as another option, just like adding a foil to your Wsurf or Kite board does.
by nanmoo
Thu May 27, 2021 12:47 pm
Forum: News
Topic: BWD v2.0
Replies: 31
Views: 13655

UnusuallyLargeRobin wrote:WINGING added to logs! I am shocked, just shocked. Did this get approved by Nanmoo? Does WINGING really have a future?? ...still shocked :lol:
Why am I being picked on? I don't think I've said anything of the sort.
by nanmoo
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:38 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: WTF and Used Sales Shaming
Replies: 98
Views: 45810

I love when people write things like "This sail is around $900 +Tax new (in 1994 8)). We will sell for $450. This sail is not negotiable but we might drop the price in the summer if not sold."
by nanmoo
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:06 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Input from all interested users please. ROW in waves
Replies: 26
Views: 10562

I can't do "a quick tack", few non expert levels windsurfers can and generally it'll take me twice the distance out in order to be back up to the peak. Meanwhile the kiters are just stacked there immobile. Am I supposed to simply barge through at speed? Hard to not feel jaded when my wave...
by nanmoo
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:20 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Input from all interested users please. ROW in waves
Replies: 26
Views: 10562

Even on a busy day there are unridden set waves. The rotation usually gets stacked up with a big void between last and first, so when you see that happen you just need to do a half tack, offset yourself and then it's all about a little patience and making the most of the non-set waves which are ofte...
by nanmoo
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:01 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 83221

For me learning the wing with a skateboard worked very well because the rolling resistance is not dissimilar to being on the foil where pushing a board through water is much more. Less walking up wind and can do it at night. The ukee guys have been mountain boarding on sand with a wing and it's wor...
by nanmoo
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:06 pm
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 83221

Has anyone gone out at Long Beach yet? I was looking back at some of my light wind Long Beach windsurfing videos the other day and picturing what it will be like winging, can't wait to try it! Lots of wings at SC, LB and the other spot. Best thing that has happened in awhile as it's displaced some ...
by nanmoo
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:07 pm
Topic: Spin-out problems
Replies: 8
Views: 3457

more force 4 wrote:Nanmoo, you remember something about windsurfing still!!
Take the gear out once a year*.

*some years
by nanmoo
Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:00 am
Topic: Spin-out problems
Replies: 8
Views: 3457

Try More front foot/mast pressure into your rail and less pushing out on your back foot. You can avoid spinning out with a tiny freestyle fin so don't blame your fins, just adjust technique:-)
by nanmoo
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:39 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Just assk Nanmoo
Replies: 40
Views: 17394

firstonlastoff wrote:Why does the THE Red Baron, the windsurfing wizard from Uclulet who can toss a windsurf board or a beer like no other, use an avatar that looks like a teenage mutant ninja turtle?
If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
by nanmoo
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:26 am

Depends on the color of the board. Black = less, pink = more.
by nanmoo
Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:06 am

Oh yea first rule is the trees always look bigger if the bushes aren't in the way.
by nanmoo
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:49 am

There are laws that ensure kayakers on the point are safe and do not strike surfers, these include carrying 15m of buoyant heaving line to pull the now unconscious surfer back to shore and a water tight flashlight to clearly identify their location to surfers who wish to stay conscious prior to them...
by nanmoo
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:20 pm
Topic: Winter Kiteboarding for beginner - Cowichan & south
Replies: 4
Views: 3007

Check the sailing wiki on this site, it lists the spots and hazards.
by nanmoo
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:48 pm
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100902

I don't see how these will ever be as easy to deal with in chop as windsurfing gear though. ...Or a kite that is well clear of the chop and partially holding your weight out of it. The answer probably is - they won't. It's the nature of a free floating sail not attached to anything and a board with...