Search found 1960 matches

by nanmoo
Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:33 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Holiday Website Fundraiser - Win a GoPro Helmet Cam!
Replies: 40
Views: 11022

I just kicked in $20.

Merry Christmas all!

Tony Litke
by nanmoo
Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:15 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Sail Question
Replies: 23
Views: 4229

I will check it out and hopefully hit up IV tomorrow and try some of the tips. I think I am on day 5 or 6 now... by the time summer rolls around I should be flying along.
by nanmoo
Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:27 am

So I hit up IV yesterday after lunch and tried out some of these suggestions. What I did and how it worked: Set the boom to the sail manf. suggested length. Used my chinook T-shaped cleat thing to downhaul the sail to within a few cm of the bottom of the mast. Set the outhaul so that it was within a...
by nanmoo
Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:50 pm

ok so I watched a whole bunch of videos and did some research on my sail. Its a hifly 6.3, so I should have a 78" boom length. Measured that up and I need to shorten it by a inch or two. But the videos still don't answer my original question. The sails in the videos appear to have the battens c...
by nanmoo
Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:14 pm

Sail Question

I searched as much as I could handle online and couldn't find an answer for this. I have hit the water 4 times now and am getting the hang of it, but I am really not sure if I am setting my sail up right. The downhaul concept I have down (ha!) I have it pulled within a few inches of the mast extensi...
by nanmoo
Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:49 pm
Topic: Disassembling the kit - What to do? ( former Breakdown ... )
Replies: 2
Views: 725

Disassembling the kit - What to do? ( former Breakdown ... )

Now that I finally got out on the water, I should figure out how to best break everything down and make sure I take care of it properly. When I got home I pretty much just laid everything out and gave it a rinse, is that all that is required? should I not roll the sail up until it is dry? Is taking ...
by nanmoo
Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:47 pm
Topic: Got my gear, now what?
Replies: 11
Views: 2295

So I was watching the wind today, and just after noon the leaves were a rustling at my house (Esquimalt and Admirals approx) so I figured I'd head out to Esquimalt Lagoon and hope for the best. Got there around 1-130 and It was blowing a steady 10 to 15 knts. Which was way more than I expected, and ...
by nanmoo
Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:21 pm

Well Friday was a bust, the wind came late, and the Wind Warning has already ended.

Hoping for some wind tomorrow now!
by nanmoo
Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:46 pm

Well Friday just got pushed to Saturday, so hopefully the wind is still decent that day. Monday off now instead of Friday so I will also hope for good conditions then. I am pretty darn excited.
by nanmoo
Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:58 am

Got my gear, now what?

So Chris kindly hooked me up with a 155L Go Board, and a 7.0ish and 5.0ish sail (from memory, can't recall exactly). The board came with a race fin and a shorter fin. So what sort of wind (direction and speed) should I be watching for, with what sail and what fin to head out there and figure this ou...