Search found 1960 matches

by nanmoo
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:20 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100900

Give it time. A friend (160 lbs) with zero foil experience learned to ride a 90L in 3 reaches and then went straight to a 70L sinker with no issues, maybe an hour total TOW. The key was having someone show him where to put his feet to get the foil balanced (this is soooo critical) and plenty of wind...
by nanmoo
Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:09 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Just assk Nanmoo
Replies: 40
Views: 17394

juandesooka wrote:
nanmoo wrote:
juandesooka wrote:How come it always looks smaller in photos?
Not sure. Mine is small in photos and real life.
Huh? I was talking about wave photos. :lol:
Same logic applies. 8)
by nanmoo
Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:06 pm

juandesooka wrote:How come it always looks smaller in photos?
Not sure. Mine is small in photos and real life.
by nanmoo
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Just ask Nanmoo.

Hey Nanmoo, I've been enjoying windfoiling lately and find myself wondering, should I bother with getting a wing for foiling or should I just save up and get an electric foil so I don't have to worry about chasing the wind. Actually, my brother brought this up yesterday. I couldn't afford the e-boa...
by nanmoo
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:12 pm

Re: bragging about how awesome you are

Dear Namoo, why do people brag about how good their sessions were at good spots that don't hold many people? Is it ignorance or some sort of compensatory mechanism? Further to the point, why would someone release a video on the internet of places like that? Its all so strange, im confused please he...
by nanmoo
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:30 pm

winddude wrote:If there's not a post on bigwavedave about lost or forgotten kite gear was it really windy?
Kites don't need much wind.
by nanmoo
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:20 pm

if a vehicle of 13ton is travelling at 45km/hr around a blind bend collides with another of 1/4ton travelling at 68km/hr would the windsurfing gear in the back of the pickup be useable afterwards? I can't see the damaged equipment making windsurfing any less frustrating or difficult. Good to go! :l...
by nanmoo
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:37 pm

If a truck and camper is leaving youbou destined for nitinat lake travelling at an average of 38km/hr would he be passed by a pick up truck travelling at an average of 68km/hr who left 20 minutes later or would they reach the destination at the same time? Depends on how many piss breaks the pickup ...
by nanmoo
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:08 pm

what's the best way to warm up your wetsuit in the winter? This is a technical question with complex physics and one I've spent some time experimenting. It comes down to what you had for breakfast and your relative "activity level" the day before. If you are backed up nicely you are going...
by nanmoo
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:50 am

TheLaw wrote:Thinking of starting to wear brightly coloured speedos for all sports I do. Do I need to wax or shave things? Thanks
Waxing and Shaving cause ingrown hairs. I recommend using an electric razor for that close look but none of the nastiness.
by nanmoo
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:49 am

It makes me feel sad when winddude makes fun of kiters. We are brothers and sisters of mother ocean. Why can't we all just get along? As a child Winddude had this happen to him, causing him to hold a grudge against kites to this day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A5sQWpNRlQ He will accept hugs t...
by nanmoo
Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:47 am

OMG this is so great. Thanks to my personal troll Martyman for getting this started! Ask away!
by nanmoo
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:58 am

The difference being of course than a carbon bike can't get split in half while sitting on the beach doing nothing thanks to an arrant sharp object. Bikes are also more serviceable over time whereas any fabric exposed to UV/salt/sand goes one way. I understand the appeal however, its just not a fair...
by nanmoo
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:04 pm

I think a few concepts are being conflated here. Namely comparing kiting or windsurfing on conventional boards vs foiling. Pumping on a wing is always more work than the equivalent of diving a kite since the kite does the work for you. It's very similar to pumping a windsurf board onto foil except p...
by nanmoo
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:52 pm
Topic: Kiters on Bowen Island? Can I foil there?
Replies: 3
Views: 2936

In my experience outflows work in the morning. Inflows not so much. Limited beach so better with a boat.