Search found 1960 matches

by nanmoo
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:19 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100908

For just over $2k you can get a new old stock mid-level 1 year old mountain bike you can ride 365 days a year rain or shine out the door of your house or just about wherever in the world. That is why wings, kites and windsurfers are always going to remain fringe sports. A lot of money for many days ...
by nanmoo
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:57 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kiting amongst Surfers out West- Over
Replies: 3
Views: 2598

Whodunit? :lol: :roll:
by nanmoo
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:27 pm

All those videos remind me of another sport we a used to do where the pros would do spinny things like that...
by nanmoo
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:06 pm

I think you're missing my point and I am definitely not hating. Sure they (I would too) will have fun a few times (plenty of YouTube videos of people sup and longboarding freighter waves) but I doubt it's a sustainably enduring pursuit over time. Just in the same way that most mountain bikers quickl...
by nanmoo
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:04 pm

If we were to be brutally honest, "kind of cool that it is possible, but not exactly exciting looking" pretty much describes 99% of SUPing or supfoiling, 95% of wind/kitefoiling/winging, and 90% of surfing/surffoiling/kiting/windsurfing. Especially around here, present company included. S...
by nanmoo
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:08 am

I mean... that is kind of cool that it is possible, but not exactly exciting looking and I wonder how many times you bother before it gets proper boring. Kind of like riding your bike down a gravel road vs a downhill trail.
by nanmoo
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:36 pm

I'd be very careful jumping with straps. If one foot comes out that is a lot of stress and leverage on your other leg. I personally know 4 people who have spiral fractured their femur when a foot came out of the straps on regular windsurf or kitesurfing gear, so for me I'll abstain from straps or ju...
by nanmoo
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:56 am

In a normal year there are three kite schools on the island alone pushing out a couple dozen or so new students each week all summer. There are no windsurfing schools. I have to disagree with your analysis.
by nanmoo
Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:36 pm

since I'm thinking it's going to take over kiting for most folks. There is no way that is happening. For starters it's foil only so that excludes a lot of people not interested in the risks of foiling not to mention the additional board costs. It's not as versatile, you need more wind to foil on sa...
by nanmoo
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:12 am

I was really surprised how little I used the window just because it's sight line is behind where you are headed. It's not unlike the windows in windsurf sails which you use before a bottom turn or gybe but otherwise you're looking up around the mast. Kites were easier to spot because they are up hig...
by nanmoo
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:20 am

The window is great for showing you who you just ran over unless you are moving the wing forward to deliberately get a look. So I can't see a reason not to have one but also having one doesn't suddenly improve things dramatically. I can't see how they can fix this issue as on any wind the big leadin...
by nanmoo
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:36 pm

OK, so this is a really cool video for many reasons. The guy is big - 88kg (dry, maybe more after his burger and fries, he says :D ). He's on a very small board (70 lt) in very low wind (<8kn maybe??), and he shows us the "cork pump" technique to get flying. Basically, instead of porpoisi...
by nanmoo
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:39 am

Basically it seems like another fun option to add to the quiver to compete with your other stuff. Nice one Tony! Looks fun, where did you get the wing? My neighbour Kristian lent it to me. He works for Starboard/Airush and can get you one if you're interested. They are a bit chunkier with bigger tu...
by nanmoo
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:35 pm

Ok I am going to eat a few of my previous thoughts and words here. First some background I think is pertinent; Competent windsurfer and kitesurfer, prior to session 1 I had Kitefoiled 7 sessions, windsurfed foiled for 15 minutes and tried Wingdinging for about 15 minutes in sub-par conditions last A...
by nanmoo
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:42 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: How come Ray is always lying about San Pariel?
Replies: 14
Views: 7168

Paging Ray... is it real, today? :lol: 8)