Search found 1960 matches

by nanmoo
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:51 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Alternate Island Wind Locations
Replies: 30
Views: 12766

If you're into more of an adventure, we Just got back from Cougar Creek Rec site past gold river. Awesome spot, best maintained rec site I've seen. $15/night. I Kited right off the point downwind of the marina. Thermal wind starting around noon. 20 celcius water temps so not much wetsuit required. L...
by nanmoo
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:40 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: thank goodness it was only gear that was destroyed
Replies: 18
Views: 9203

At first blush I totally agree. But on the flipside its par for the course and the risk we take essentially swimming at times in traffic lanes. As DM said there was little on the water to indicate his presence and in a following sea your visibility is challenging at best. People do in fact hit dead ...
by nanmoo
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:44 am
Topic: thank goodness it was only gear that was destroyed
Replies: 18
Views: 9203

In all the years kiting and surfing, I can't recall another story of someone successfully diving under a boat like this. Very scary. Especially with how buoyant neoprene is, diving down deep enough, big yikes. Glad you are ok. .... and from the sounds of it not exactly a small vessel where you only...
by nanmoo
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:30 am
Topic: How come Ray is always lying about San Pariel?
Replies: 14
Views: 7169

I like kittens!
by nanmoo
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:28 pm
Topic: How come Ray is always lying about San Pariel?
Replies: 14
Views: 7169

How come Ray is always lying about San Pariel?

How come Ray is always lying about San Pariel? - Saturday July 11 Can one of the administrators please start a forum topic on this. ⬇️ That way everyone can chime in. 🤦🏼‍♂️😜 - Saturday July 11 .... and discuss....
by nanmoo
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:26 am

You could try fort rodd or wittys too.
by nanmoo
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:20 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Salt Spring Island - Foil-kiting Possible?
Replies: 12
Views: 6285

Between the mouth of Maple Bay and Bougoyne bay are the windiest spots I've seen and they tend to blow a thermal 15-20 on most sunny days. Problem is you'll probably need at least a dingy to access it from the SSI side.
by nanmoo
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:52 pm

I have never even considered kiting possible there. It wouldn't be so bad if you are an expert launcher with full bags of tricks up your sleeve. But nothing at Cameron is kite friendly and only suited for people who thrive on calculated risk getting on and off the water with no expectations about t...
by nanmoo
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:32 am

Where did you launch from Nanmoo? I launched from the great rigging area at the bottom of the lake right by the highway. But it's in a bit of a bay and shifty winds would make it hard to kite from (impossible yesterday). Direction might clean up in higher winds too. I wondered about the little picn...
by nanmoo
Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:11 pm

Waiting to log it until after I get the OK from my surgeon to kite again. :shock:
by nanmoo
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:52 pm

I kited Cameron Lake today. Super warm water and Surprisingly smooth wind. Always wanted to try it. Expert launch and recovery only though.
by nanmoo
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:39 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100913

The biggest Con it's another thing to spend your money on and be that much poorer!
by nanmoo
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:51 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: South island composite repair
Replies: 3
Views: 2535

Marty knows what he's doing and you get the jokes for free. Highly recommended.
by nanmoo
Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:33 pm
Topic: Latest in Wetsuits - what to buy?
Replies: 68
Views: 29117

Yes and no. The same barnacle or fin will ruin either. It's hit or miss if the premium ones last longer. I think the sweet spot are the $350-425 ones. If you can make either last 5 years you aren't on the water much.
by nanmoo
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:16 am
Topic: Closures (Covid-19)
Replies: 42
Views: 25653

Some of the Squamish kite schools have been open for a few weeks now.