Views: 7872

Will look for you if I go ! :wink:
by Mattdog
Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:06 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Baja in January
Replies: 29
Views: 7872

HI Martin, I was in La V 4 years ago and liked it. The desert has a unique beauty and the bay is picturesque. There were only a dozen kiters then. Has it become busier? Is it feasible to tent camp there (fly down) with kiting gear . I.e. can you secure your gear somehow? Or do you know of any inexpe...
by Mattdog
Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:49 pm
Topic: Ocean Rodeo 6m wind range?
Replies: 11
Views: 2511

Yeah, I think it was a bit of a silly question now [smilie=knockknock.gif] . Thanks for all your input, i'll be steering towards a 9ish.
by Mattdog
Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:53 pm

I dont ride anything less than 20 m lines - its too jerky. So everyone agrees with Gareth is it then ?
by Mattdog
Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:09 am

Ocean Rodeo 6m wind range?

I am considering this kite for those strong fall/winter days up to 35 knots+. My next kite up is a 12m which is comfortable to mid 20 knots. I ride a 135x 40cm board and weigh 170. Do you know if the 6m has enought low end to overlap the 12m in the low 20s. (If I could I'd have a 9 too, but wonderin...
by Mattdog
Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:21 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Nitinaht and Cook Str webcam update
Replies: 33
Views: 11414

Columbia,

Is there any other better spot for fall and winter sailing in BC than Columbia Beach? None that I can think of.

SE are already starting up here. Moderate to strong forecast for Saturday.

:D
by Mattdog
Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:15 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Nitinaht and Cook Str webcam update
Replies: 33
Views: 11414

Hey, I know the owners of the house directly opposite Columbia Beach. They would like to install an anemometer and would probably be glad to have a web cab on thier roof as well or instead. I spoke with them recently and they are still open to a pole mount extending above thier roof. How does the we...
by Mattdog
Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:12 am
Topic: Pipers
Replies: 24
Views: 4720

I would be leary of kiting there on the NW myself since it is offshore. If anything goes wrong you could become ferry propeler food if you drift down into Departure Bay. I saw someone kiting there on a SE on Monday right in the lagoon. Was blowing about 15, the persone was probably a newbie on a 12i...