Search found 134 matches

by Wavos Rancheros
Sun May 23, 2010 10:04 am
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Predicting Wind in Revelstoke!
Replies: 8
Views: 2962

Nice Pic! Is that your Villa at the end of the lake?
by Wavos Rancheros
Sat May 22, 2010 11:10 am
Forum: News
Topic: Wild West Watersports coming soon to Port Alberni
Replies: 62
Views: 36605

Sauna?

Hey Rob and Sandy, Just wondering, if you guys have any ideas for a "nitinat style" sauna up there, I've got a nice woodstove and 20 feet of stainless flexible chimney you could have :?: Let me know.
by Wavos Rancheros
Fri May 14, 2010 8:08 pm
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: Sticky for Free Gear?
Views: 6472

I guess I was just thinking that it might expedite the process for people with stuff just sitting around, that's worth giving away. It's kind of inspiring to give stuff away, when you see a thread where others are doing it, (even if it gets royally confusing). Also, if the initial post in the sticky...
by Wavos Rancheros
Sat May 08, 2010 5:07 pm
Topic: Sticky for Free Gear?
Views: 6472

Sticky for Free Gear?

If there are people out there who have gear they would be willing to donate for others to learn with, maybe it would be a good idea to have a sticky for that, so that people who might be looking could piece together a working package of gear out of the pieces that get offered...yes/no/maybe? (I have...
by Wavos Rancheros
Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:36 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Gordons parking issues
Replies: 49
Views: 20185

past the bridge

I met the owners of a big hunk of the land just beyond the bridge, at a grey cup party last year, and they were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. They would be great people to relay questions through, if any concerns/incidents get serious in future. The main thing they wanted to relay ...
by Wavos Rancheros
Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:03 pm
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 85771

U of W, please keep the info stream alive for bigwavedave.ca! It is much needed, and depended on to help us all forecast our next outdoor adventure :D
by Wavos Rancheros
Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:43 pm
Topic: Me again
Replies: 0
Views: 2869

Me again

I don't know if tweaks are ever on your mind to save on some bandwidth, or whether this idea would even help on that score.... Whenever I check out Gordon's I usually click on the webcam, which has the latest report on it, but then i go to the latest reports page so i can click on the sheringham hyp...
by Wavos Rancheros
Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:41 pm
Topic: Add to our Westcoast Windsport Dictionary!!
Replies: 69
Views: 21465

almost have enough words here to create a special windless day version of scrabble :P
by Wavos Rancheros
Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:15 pm
Topic: Nitinat road report
Replies: 16
Views: 3978

when i came out to nitinat after the last big rainfall i was considering calling the department of geography to have some of the bodies of water on the road given lake names :?
by Wavos Rancheros
Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:08 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Rise 'one pump' advice
Replies: 3
Views: 1038

got ocean rodeo's phone number?

give ocean rodeo a call out on kirkpatrick crescent in saanich..
by Wavos Rancheros
Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:45 pm
Topic: TC Port Alberni Wind Article Today - FYI
Replies: 10
Views: 2122

You know, it would also really help Nitinat to attract more tourists if there were a recording weather station there, so they could show for real how much and how often it blows there! It's got to be one of the most consistent, accessible places in the country, if you're a true wind junkie :roll:
by Wavos Rancheros
Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:40 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Yesterday (Saturday) at Gordon's Beach
Replies: 3
Views: 997

Viewed 104 times already, that makes a few hours shooting, editing, sound mixing, rendering, and uploading worthwhile :wink: :) :D