Search found 134 matches

by Wavos Rancheros
Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:49 am
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: wind sometimes travels in a circle
Replies: 4
Views: 4229

and..

i couldn't remember this one when i sat down to write the one above..

-users who access a particular webcam be given an option to click for more frequent updates from the cam, and similar to webcam controls, it would be on a timer, so it would expire to preserve bandwidth
by Wavos Rancheros
Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:16 pm
Topic: wind sometimes travels in a circle
Replies: 4
Views: 4229

wind sometimes travels in a circle

idea for your spare time dave 8)

-a time lapse view for the island map, and south island map pages, would really give an interesting look at the way wind develops and changes in a day
by Wavos Rancheros
Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:39 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Vertical Axis Wind Turbines - VAWT
Replies: 18
Views: 3959

Ya.....that, and you can get a small wind generator at cantire for under a grand, and the small vawt is 6500$$$$$!!!
by Wavos Rancheros
Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:44 pm

these guys claim more efficiency, no noise, best use of wind even in turbulence, lowest startup speed, and no upper limit on wind strength.. "In real environment testing in the Archipelago of Finland the Windside Wind Turbine produced up to 50% more electricity in a year than a traditional prop...
by Wavos Rancheros
Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:47 am

I remember a documentary from years ago about Jacques Cousteau designing and testing vertical turbines for use on ships. His design worked, and allowed for up to 30% fuel savings I believe, but of course it was spurned due to the cheap availability of fossil fuels. It is referred to as the cousteau ...
by Wavos Rancheros
Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:26 pm
Topic: Main page chat board for the calendar dysfunctional
Replies: 2
Views: 3380

thanks dave, i'm not sure where the change was applied, but i meant to say on the home page message board, that's where i think it would be helpful to have the day of the week in each post next to the time etc...

Hope you're havin a Great Day!

Roger
by Wavos Rancheros
Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:41 am
Topic: Main page chat board for the calendar dysfunctional
Replies: 2
Views: 3380

Main page chat board for the calendar dysfunctional

Hey Dave is there a way to change the date display on the chat board to just show the day, like monday, tuesday, instead of the calendar day...i'm a little slow and have to check the calendar all the time to see whether i'm reading old or new posts.
by Wavos Rancheros
Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:59 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Johnny Read's last blast - The Big Bang
Replies: 72
Views: 23017

Can we shoot one over the Olympics...that was John's Dream

20 In
by Wavos Rancheros
Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:51 pm
Topic: Johnny Read
Replies: 97
Views: 50085

Video Links

Glad I was able to share the videos I have of John on Youtube with everyone. Here they are in the highest quality I can manage to get on the Web. Laying Out the Lines http://oceankayaker.ca/080406jr/lotl2.html Kiting Nitinat 2003 http://oceankayaker.ca/080406jr/Lotl.html If the slide show that we vi...
by Wavos Rancheros
Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:51 pm
Topic: Johnny Read
Replies: 97
Views: 50085

Missed and remembered.

John shared something with everyone he met. It is something that those who knew him longest appreciate the most, and it is what they share of his memory. It makes many of us wish we'd known him better, and could have known him longer. He carried the word friend in a way that was equal to everyone. H...
by Wavos Rancheros
Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:25 am
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Feedback Needed: EC Lighthouse Reports
Replies: 14
Views: 4028

two bits worth

As an ocean kayaker, windsurfer, and kitesurfer, the elements of wind and weather are naturally vital when translated carefully into useful information. I support all efforts by Environment Canada in their progressive effort to provide and convey that information. Specifically, I use many of the wea...
by Wavos Rancheros
Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:16 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Kona MF4 helmetcam
Replies: 9
Views: 1627

Nice clip, good edit, the board looks like it belongs in real WARM water tho :P If you're wondering what that foggy sort of region just off the front of the board and over it and close to the mast , and the camera....my theory is this... if you see people doing pro film shoots or movies, they are of...
by Wavos Rancheros
Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:56 am
Topic: Making homade vids
Replies: 6
Views: 1136

Nice Work ! Good Music !

You should be able to search out your video by whatever text you put in the tags box in youtube, when you are logged in as the video owner.
The tags box is next to the red arrow in this pic..
by Wavos Rancheros
Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:37 pm
Forum: News
Topic: BWD RSS Feeds
Replies: 7
Views: 3631

dramatic license

fish stories can get ridiculous, but it still might be fun to have a "log of the week', or a collection of logs that people have found most entertaining (might require confirmation of entry by other sailors to ward off any leaning toward fiction!)
by Wavos Rancheros
Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Kona MF4 helmetcam
Replies: 9
Views: 1627

When your fingers are too froze to hold a camera, attach to head...doesn't it say that in the instruction manual?