In.
by Gareth
Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:29 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Johnny Read
Replies: 97
Views: 50117

Wow

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in helping/organizing/participating in JR's send off----------he would have been stoked. Without dought, that was as much fun as the circumstances allowed.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Gareth
by Gareth
Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:31 pm

From Kite Lounge Robbie in the DR. I came across his email address in one of John's last posts and thought that his DR friends should know. "Thank you for the email. I am shocked to hear the news. He had a great time here and was on the verge of extending his trip another 2 weeks. A true gentle...
by Gareth
Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:15 am

I'm shocked! Johnny was my hero for living life to its fullest, even as we aged. A wonderful piece of writing that sums it up for me. REMEMBER Remember me when I am gone away, Gone far away into the silent land; When you can no more hold me by the hand, Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay. Rememb...
by Gareth
Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:48 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Graham Norris seriously hurt while skiing.
Replies: 25
Views: 9742

Very sad. I heard about this in New York. My thoughts are with Graham,s
family.

Gareth
by Gareth
Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:21 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Feedback Needed: EC Lighthouse Reports
Replies: 14
Views: 4029

I almost always use this data for sailing, surfing and canoeing decisions. Not only would I be lost without it, in some cases, my safety would have been at Risk.

These are some of the more important tools available to the sailing/ocean users community.

Thanks,
by Gareth
Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:36 pm
Topic: Pyro lite for windsurfing?
Replies: 5
Views: 1376

Nice suit. Try the middle one, Pyro classic. Has the flex points built in for the knees and hips as well as better reinforcement. i'm not sure how it is priced compared to the light.

They would both be fine, the OR website outlines the differences really well.
by Gareth
Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:47 am
Topic: Jordan River is UP FOR SALE
Replies: 137
Views: 27575

Anyone going?
by Gareth
Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:04 pm
Forum: News
Topic: IV Webcam status...
Replies: 19
Views: 7183

Thanks,
by Gareth
Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:09 am

If anyone wants to start a petition I would be happy to read it. Mean while I'm doing what I can to help save J.R. ... 8) http://www.bcndpcaucus.ca/en/jordan_river_petition Next meeting @ S.J. Willis Nov. 1 ... This works for now, it is very simple to add your voice. Some other info from BC Surf Fo...
by Gareth
Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:54 pm

Here is a link to a petition if you want to support the effort.

http://www.bcndpcaucus.ca/en/jordan_river_petition
by Gareth
Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:13 am
Topic: BWD Site Fundraiser: KA Sails Auction
Replies: 52
Views: 14112

Kus and I spoke about this, hence my previously edited post. He would like to keep it just KA for now, which is totally fair seeing as he is putting up he prize and it is his idea. I personally think that it is a win,win situation for both KA and BWD. However, he did mention something about a harnes...
by Gareth
Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:41 am
Topic: BWD Site Fundraiser: KA Sails Auction
Views: 14112

Good one Kus.

Mine is done.
by Gareth
Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:34 am
Topic: Nitinat Lake Future
Views: 10690

:arrow: Last year, someone, a young lady I think, got hit on the by a falling tree branch. She was injured but not badly. The ministry is terrified that someone is going to get seriously injured by a branch or falling tree or their tent is going to get backed over by a late night arrival or somethi...
by Gareth
Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:39 am
Topic: Nitinat Lake Future
Views: 10690

[Yep, prices have gone up from nothing with no increase in amenities. I do recall when the windsurfing society ran it, the annual pass was fairly pricey and the overnight rate was, I think, the same as now. Overnight rate was $8, annual pass was $30 and if you wanted to belong to the society, there...