Search found 274 matches

by Tsawwassen
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:17 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 83305

Re: Wingfoiling Progression

How long is the fuse? If possible, perhaps going to shorter fuse or flattening the stab angle to give less front foot pressure? I played a bit with footstraps this summer but find it pretty difficult to nail the position for foot switches on foil and every foil has a different sweet spot for the st...
by Tsawwassen
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:32 am

Re: Wingfoiling Progression

I started using footstraps and find it challenging to keep my foil from breaching. I now have to use way more from foot pressure and a 1.5 degree shim. I'm using the Moses 790 (1550sqcm) and have it all the way back and my footstraps for both front and back are in the most forward positions. It feel...
by Tsawwassen
Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:27 pm
Topic: WingFoil Videos
Replies: 32
Views: 12232

Re: WingFoil Videos

Thanks for starting this thread Juandesooka! I have a few homemade wing videos I'll post soon but in the meantime I just saw this and had to post it. Hope it's OK to post this here?
by Tsawwassen
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:54 am

Tlaloc wrote:
I rapidly becoming a detractor of footstraps, I found that they only got in the way of me trying to balance.
Anyone have other experiences or thoughts?
When I was first starting out I took them off and found it much better, I still go without sometimes. No apologies needed, ask away.
by Tsawwassen
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:08 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Oregon Coast cis-Windsport Corona Freeish Wave Camp 2020
Replies: 18
Views: 9817

Sad we are going to miss another BWD Oregon Coast Windsport and Super Burrito Wave Camp this year! You Gorge experienced guys -- there's a possibility I may at least temporarily live in Portland OR, which I would obviously position myself as close to the Columbia River as possible. AJ if you are luc...
by Tsawwassen
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:21 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurf Foiling Discussion
Replies: 146
Views: 61946

Pure pumping, the longer fuse will glide better, pump further and for a longer time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUgfmvJLGy0 Great video. 2:30 pumping, wow my knees would explode! While we are talking about fuse size I discovered something the other day while shopping for a new foil. The Moses ...
by Tsawwassen
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:46 pm

Video from Friday. Still a long way to go but it's fun learning. I need to work on my transitions and pumping. Yesterday was a good day to practice switch at the ferry terminal, lots of wind! Once I get switch sailing down I think that will be a game changer.

https://vimeo.com/535608853
by Tsawwassen
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:00 pm

Super fun day today, had my longest rides yet!
:D
by Tsawwassen
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:17 pm

Time for a smaller board and shorter fuselage, having a hard time turning the hypernut it in stronger winds. Not sure if I should go down to an 80L or get something around 95L?
by Tsawwassen
Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:41 am
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100970

winddoctor wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D_60GyM31g

Ozone V2. Love how they show men and women ripping as well as a kid. Least dorky wing promo vid I've seen. 👏.
Great video but man it makes me miss Maui even more! Now that I've started winging I can't wait to try it there!!
by Tsawwassen
Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:11 pm

juandesooka wrote: I have left mine for a month or more. Only danger to bladder I can see might be if over-inflated, but that would more likely be a problem while riding.
Thanks, I let out a bit of air.
by Tsawwassen
Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:32 pm

I put a pinch valve on mine so I can leave centre strut inflated. You have added a new level of quick start, put on your wetsuit at home, park and roll. 8) Thanks for this tip, I did this when I packed up yesterday, but I was wondering how long can you leave it inflated for? It's very convenient bu...
by Tsawwassen
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:37 pm

Tried a duck jibe today.
This is a good video for learning, Balz makes anything look easy though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzIdyb4UUDI[/youtube]
by Tsawwassen
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:03 am

Re: Wow

Windjunky wrote:Starting to look a lot cooler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI4p_bzOouo
That video is so cool! I was thinking the other day how awesome it would be to wing with a windsurfer or surfboard. I'll have to give it a try someday.
:D
by Tsawwassen
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:20 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Input from all interested users please. ROW in waves
Replies: 26
Views: 10572

Awesome video! I can attest that the best friends you make are those you give something to, even when you don't need to! :D Catching a nice wave is such an amazing feeling but lining one up takes a lot of time and patience, so when someone helps you on that quest it's... well her reaction sums it u...