Search found 1169 matches

by bwd
Mon May 19, 2003 9:18 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Any plans for the May long weekend?
Replies: 2
Views: 2011

A pretty good weekend for sailing/kiting. Saturday was good 5.2 at JR with small 3-4 footers and it looked like Gordons was 5.0 for a while too. It was good at Nitinat on Sunday with 5.2-5.8 sailing all day and surprisingly not too many people. Today at Nitinat the wind picked up at around 3pm and w...
by bwd
Sat May 17, 2003 9:37 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Island View webcam
Replies: 3
Views: 1844

Island View webcam

:?: Hey are you guys still using the Island View cam? All it seems to be recording lately is lots of calm water. I might have the chance to move it out to Gordons Beach for the summer unless there are some people who think it should be left at Isl View (I could use a different camera at Gordons). I ...
by bwd
Sat May 17, 2003 9:22 pm
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: Victoria airport winds
Replies: 5
Views: 2093

Re: Victoria airport winds

Hey Dave, how about adding the Victoria airport wind report to your list of sites - for Sidney sailors/workers. Hey tweezer: I'll add it next week. You are the 3rd person to suggest it. Others use it for winter SE at Island View. The latest table is getting kind of long - does anyone have a hard ti...
by bwd
Sat May 17, 2003 9:19 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Lennard Island online for the Long Beach sailors/kiters
Replies: 0
Views: 1479

Lennard Island online for the Long Beach sailors/kiters

I finally added Lennard Island to the latest table. Apparently it is a good site to check for sailing/kiting at Long Beach. It reports every 3hrs like Trial and Carmanah. I assume that > NW 20 knots at Lennard is enough?

I hope to get up there one weekend. if it looks good.
by bwd
Fri May 16, 2003 7:13 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Harness opinions
Replies: 4
Views: 2296

Hi wind_dummy:

We are all hoping for a full report on the new harness when you've had a chance to use it.

Hope you get some wind out there + more importantly: what is the surf situation - is wavesailing an option tomorrow???
by bwd
Fri May 16, 2003 7:02 pm
Topic: Nitinat for learning
Replies: 7
Views: 3193

Re: Nitinat for learning

How is Nitnat for learning..?? I am in the midst of what seems to be a huge waterstart learning curve. Wouldn't mind somebody giving me even just a quick watch and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I don't mind paying if that's what it takes but haven't found anyone that gives lessons around here. I us...
by bwd
Fri May 16, 2003 8:20 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Accessing Latest BigWaveDave Wind Reports from a Cell Phone
Views: 3479

Try visiting the telus pages for instructions on your particular Audiovox phone: http://www.telusmobility.com/bc/wweb/see_what_your_phone_can_do.shtml Let me also try to help, although I have a different phone. I think most of the cell plans some with the free SURF SAMPLER option (which is basically...
by bwd
Thu May 15, 2003 4:40 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Any plans for the May long weekend?
Views: 2011

Any plans for the May long weekend?

Anybody have exciting plans for the May long weekend? The gorge looks good for Sat/Sun and Nitinat looks good for Sun/Mon. Maybe some wind at Gordons this weekend or some surf sailing at JR? I might head to Nitinat on Sunday if it still looks good, as long as there are no gale warnings in the strait...
by bwd
Wed May 14, 2003 10:28 pm
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: Victoria javacam
Replies: 1
Views: 1125

You're right iserf. Good link, I'll add it. I'm always on the lookout for local webcam sites. I bet there are some more out there ... BWD
by bwd
Wed May 14, 2003 12:38 pm
Topic: Safer access
Views: 1785

Hey iserf: I would love to get better access to Muir Creek. It was great sailing there in the 'old days' . The wind seems to come into shore better there and I love the flat water bay for jibing and tricks. I agree about the parking situation at Tugwell especially after a no wind period. It is good ...
by bwd
Wed May 14, 2003 12:25 pm
Topic: Webphone and wind alerts
Views: 1819

Hey iserf: Glad it works - I find it useful when I'm not near the computer and I don't want to spend 1/2 hr trying to get the Sheringham report from the stupid marine radio. For some reason the phone always caches/shows the old page you looked at. You have to go back to the main browser menu and do ...
by bwd
Tue May 13, 2003 9:59 pm
Topic: Webphone and wind alerts
Views: 1819

Webphone and wind alerts

You can check the BWD on your cell phone. You need a phone that can can access the web. Most new cell phones have this. It only costs 2c each time you check the page. There are no other costs. Let me know if you need help setting this up. A good phone is the LG 520 ($49 with 3 year plan) or the Sams...
by bwd
Tue May 13, 2003 8:58 pm
Topic: Why have a forum?
Replies: 7
Views: 8051

Why have a forum?

Well some people have suggested it. Having a place where people can talk about their windsurfing/kiteboarding sessions, the weather etc could be good. Also having the live chat might be cool to talk to people about where to go - Gordons, Cook Street, Nitinat, the Gorge etc. Hopefully it is useful. D...
by bwd
Tue May 13, 2003 8:39 pm
Topic: So where the hell are the new webcams?
Replies: 5
Views: 2742

So where the hell are the new webcams?

:x Well some bad news to report today. I can't put the Cook Street webcam where I had planned. So there will be a longer delay now until I can find a good home for it. Sorry to get everyones hopes up. I went out and bought a new camera last week so it is all ready to be set up. So if anyone knows of...