Search found 141 matches

by smartang
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:00 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Lost Board Cabrinha Code with Axis foil and Mast
Replies: 4
Views: 1171

Re: Lost Board Cabrinha Code with Axis foil and Mast

Second on the wing body drag. I'd recommend riding without a leash a few times on those summer trips to flatter conditions like Nitinat, China Creek etc. It works every time in places like that. Still works in swell, but with a higher heart rate.
by smartang
Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:08 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Front footstraps
Replies: 3
Views: 984

Re: Front footstraps

The workaround is to get a sewing stitch ripper and remove the neoprene screw cover on the lower fanatic footstrap. All that's left is webbing. Overlap the two front fanatic straps and screw it down firm. Wait a day for the boards deck pad to compress, then re-tighten. Alternatively sand down (or cu...
by smartang
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:39 pm
Topic: Front footstraps
Replies: 3
Views: 984

Re: Front footstraps

NSI are good for freeride, but not jumping. I use standard windsurf velcro straps double up by removing the neoprene from the lower strap. Never had a problem. Much more secure than the v straps and more foot range. I also remove the screw neoprene on my rear strap to butt my rear foot up against th...
by smartang
Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:48 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Canada Day RB Drone Capture
Replies: 5
Views: 1084

Re: Canada Day RB Drone Capture

Awesome swell you guys have down there. Slick rider, you need a faster foil.
by smartang
Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:08 am
Topic: Stripped footstrap insert
Replies: 10
Views: 2130

Re: Stripped footstrap insert

I wouldn't trust a weed eater line with a 1225 and 93.5 mast whipping around on big wing airs. Imagine a front strap busting off mid front loop. That's a retirement air. I'd pick a different hole. Ideally running the footstrap longer. Still fill the stripped hole with epoxy though in case it's crack...
by smartang
Sat May 20, 2023 11:44 am
Topic: new leash: Anchorman 9 wing anchor invention with swivel
Replies: 6
Views: 1907

Re: new leash: Anchorman 9 wing anchor invention with swivel

For those guys it's just out of boredom, riding the same blue waves in strong wave day in and day out. That also looks like a diy parachute leash. First time I've seen someone launch it high which makes sense. Need a good RBFC chase crew incase it ever doesn't work. Or a cheap old v1 wing for doing ...
by smartang
Mon May 08, 2023 12:23 pm

Also good to see those guys on Sab, Kt, Lift and Ocean Rodeo. No more cheesy cabrinha plugs.
by smartang
Mon May 08, 2023 12:21 pm

This is the perfect diy project for a former kiter. Old kite leash, and cut up those 15 year old kites to make the parachute, bridle for the parachute lines. I've also had success with a dollar store wrist/ankle weight attached to the leash, then just tuck that in your belt. The real challenge was h...
by smartang
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:35 am
Topic: Foils for Wingfoiling
Replies: 21
Views: 8459

Re: Foils for Wingfoiling

I'd keep that tail in case you ever get into dock starts, pumping, downwind sup foiling. Or sell it and get a 300, once you chop it there's no resale and while you'll gain some turning, it'll never be a 300. If you just want to experiment for fun. There's probably not a lot of core, even if you chop...
by smartang
Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:35 am
Topic: Wing Rescue
Replies: 5
Views: 2177

Re: Wing Rescue

What if the wing is ripped in half, with the bladder full of water and you're underpowered on a 30L sinker and 500cm2 foil and can't waterstart with an extra 15lbs on your back. I've been experimenting with wing up, wing throw drop wallets, sup foil chase downwind. So far only tried it on the lake w...
by smartang
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:35 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurf foil using Lift foil?
Replies: 4
Views: 1744

Re: Windsurf foil using Lift foil?

Always fun to try, but I'd say the tracks are way too far back for a stock lift 200 or any lift. Not sure how the windsurf mast and sail change the foot pressure relative to wingfoiling but standard windsurf fuses are 90-110cm long with the front wing well ahead of the mast. 3" adapter would he...
by smartang
Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:43 am
Topic: Foiling Flat Tires
Views: 2623

Re: Foiling Flat Tires

If you're on the takuma 1210 I saw in your log, then my vote is shallow angle wingtip breach ventilation. I can't see that front wing being fast enough to cause mast vent. I find my foils breach well under medium/low speeds and steep angles, but at high speed, fast upwind through cutting through swe...
by smartang
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:41 am
Topic: Flagged out riding revelation
Views: 3061

Re: Flagged out riding revelation

This works best with foils that like to accelerate and can outrun swell/waves. I had this revelation last year on the inside nw san p which is usually a big wind shadow. Wing behind the back accelerating down/along swell on the sab 1000, then a high speed wide arc jibe passing the wing low behind my...
by smartang
Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:47 am
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 82818

Re: Wingfoiling Progression

72L is too close to 88L. You don't need both if you're still going to use the 110L in lighter conditions. I'd go 60L if you're going to keep the 88L. Depending on what you call 15-20. knots you should be able to use a 60L in that amount of wind. 88L 10-15kn. 110 below that. I only know one lady wing...
by smartang
Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:35 pm
Topic: Mid Aspect foils
Replies: 8
Views: 3107

Re: Mid Aspect foils

Sab 730 is low aspect. Lowest AR of any wing available on their site until the 633 comes back.