Search found 23 matches

by Mrnorthsouth
Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:39 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Newbie intro
Replies: 37
Views: 14951

My Thule roof box comfortably fits 3 sails and 2 booms but before that sails and booms were inside. Not sure about using steel rectangular material for roof racks onless it's coated with something like a set of Thule bars would be. I'm thinking of putting foam pipe insulation around the bars for a ...
by Mrnorthsouth
Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:29 pm

I ordered some roof towers for my landcruiser since it didn't come with factory roof rails. I plan on just bolting some steel rectangular material to them. I looked into some nice Van setups but will stick with an suv and pickup for now. Do you guys keep sails and booms in a vehicle or load them ont...
by Mrnorthsouth
Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:22 pm

That's awesome thank you all, I have a few offers for borrowing boards and even a possible free one pmd you. I'm hoping it works out that Kus can give me an intro at some point in the next few weeks. Going to be a great summer I think!
by Mrnorthsouth
Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:00 pm

Ya I will look into that, budget wise we won't be traveling anywhere warm until after I'm done school though.
Thanks
by Mrnorthsouth
Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:13 pm

Haha Ya I have emailed him twice and no response yet. Maybe I will try again and see if he responds.
Thanks
by Mrnorthsouth
Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:46 pm

Thanks everyone for the input, its one thing to sift through all the info online but having it relevant to local conditions and my weight/skill is priceless. I am stoked to get started and get out on the water. I am watching for used gear and send some messages to see about getting a lesson in the n...
by Mrnorthsouth
Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:54 pm

Watching some guys ride at CB as I type this, that webcam rocks! Yes I considered kiting when we lived in Van for a while. I got a trainer kite and managed to do some downwind runs on a big skim board too. My issue is the launching area, my family has a cabin at Horne lake and I plan on windsurfing ...
by Mrnorthsouth
Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Newbie intro

Hi all After surfing for 15 years I am looking for a change. I just don't get enough time on a board in good wave conditions to really progress consistently. That and crowded lineups and localism isn't really much fun. I spent a lot of time surfing less known but lower quality spots and my surfing d...