Search found 72 matches

by Windjunky
Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:06 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100908

Thanks guys I think I will stick with bigger volume for now can probably always sell a wing board later on when its time to progress. Just saw the other wing post very informative.
by Windjunky
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:06 pm

Thanks and does the small
board have any disadvantage/advantage in light wind or is it all foil size
by Windjunky
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:09 pm

wing board

Just wondering from you wing guys about board size. Just ordered a new wing thought it looks pretty fun will start with sup and driftstopper fins and then to my windsurfer with foil. My question is will I outgrow a 140l fanatic sky wing after riding 130l windsurfer to start. Also will 140L get me ou...
by Windjunky
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:34 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Winter wetsuit
Replies: 17
Views: 8668

wetsuit

Coastline on broad st said they were getting more 6/5 wetsuits in beginning of october. They carry ripcurl, o'neill., xcel and billabong.I was looking at xcell first in coombs but saw a few utube videos of seams coming apart but they are probably all the same. I think all 6mm will be chest zip with ...
by Windjunky
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:14 pm

Thanks guys used my 5/3 with vested hood last spring(feb march ) and still got cold after a bit. Decided on a 5/4 billabong with attached hood and lining feels much warmer than old 5/4/3 so should be good for most of winter.
by Windjunky
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:58 am

Winter wetsuit

I am sure i read an old thread about this but cant find it. . I am looking for a new winter wetsuit everyone is sold out of 6mm suits. Is this too warm for winter around here? i probably wont be going out below freezing but want to stay warm whether surfing or windsurfing . I have an old gul 5 4 3 t...
by Windjunky
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:35 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Sail pulleys
Replies: 3
Views: 2240

There is no grommet on this one just a bunch of webbing with pulley sewn on. I see something similar at windspirit made by ezzy that should work not in a rush since I have the new goya sail same size, just thought I would fix this one to get bashed in waves and save new sail for foiling.
by Windjunky
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:06 am

Oh I see ezzy makes a removeable one with cotter pin (ring) anyone have anything like that they want to sell?
by Windjunky
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:01 am

Sail pulleys

The pulley broke on one of my sails last night as I was derigging. Sail is fine .anyone replaced one of these. Can you knock out a pin to install? Can you buy new pulleys or have to rob one off older sail?
by Windjunky
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:09 pm
Topic: windsurf foil nose protection
Replies: 4
Views: 2994

Thanks Kus I will try that.. funny thing is I was going quite slow and not even hooked in . Probaby happened when foil came out of water and then slams nose down which I soon realized I could recover from hopefully just takes some practice . In the mean time I think ill try the surf bent or mast pad...
by Windjunky
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:38 am

Any one tried surfbent or mast pads?
by Windjunky
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:49 am

windsurf foil nose protection

Got out on the lake behind a boat with my fanatic gecko foil and managed after half hour or so to consistently get up on foil and ride around lake for as long as I wanted great way to learn the basic feeling of foiling with consistant speed etc. I then went out on Sunday only because the board was t...
by Windjunky
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 am
Topic: Alternate Island Wind Locations
Replies: 30
Views: 12766

Ecarey I think pine point could work big beach sideonshore wind just have to watch for swimmers and beachgoers definately windy in the afternoons I park our houseboat across the lake and windsurf most afternoons when thermals come up.
by Windjunky
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:01 pm

I think most people who buy sups (canada tire etc.)only sup on lakes or flat water which is great exercise but gets boring pretty quick sup surfing is a whole different story very popular in Hawaii and here on the island easier to catch twice as many waves hence more fun and faster progression. Howe...
by Windjunky
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:00 pm
Forum: News
Topic: IV Webcam update + help needed
Replies: 26
Views: 18888

Just pm me if thats definately where you would like one and I will email the manager or give you the address. I am an electrician and will definately help install but not an internet wizard, Just let me know when you would like to install it. And anything else they need to know about. any legalities...