Search found 206 matches

by AJSpencer
Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:57 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: How much Wind is needed to Wingfoil
Replies: 14
Views: 7372

Re: How much Wind is needed to Wingfoil

Though I'm probably much better on the foil now than I was when I last windfoiled, it seems like, using the same board and foil, the 7.0 Flyer could get me foiling in 12g14 and the 6.5 Slick wing can get me going in the same 12g14. That's my lowest end, and for me under 12 knots and I'm stalling and...
by AJSpencer
Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:16 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Amazing Foiling Summer
Replies: 10
Views: 6097

Re: Amazing Foiling Summer

"Longest distance from east to west: 5,514 km from Cape Spear, Newfoundland and Labrador, to the Yukon and Alaska boundary. Longest distance from north to south: 4,634 km from Cape Columbia (Ellesmere Island), Nunavut, to Middle Island (Lake Erie), Ontario." Well you've beaten the North-So...
by AJSpencer
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:17 pm
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 83144

Re: Wingfoiling Progression

I have same issue and think I have the longer hover glide fuse. Moments where it feels really good with front foot in and then a gust, or not, and I feel way far back and am foiling out. My normal balanced position has my front heel on the front foot strap with the front foot straps as far forward a...
by AJSpencer
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:54 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Amazing Foiling Summer
Replies: 10
Views: 6097

Re: Amazing Foiling Summer

Nice to live vicariously through your posts this Summer, Bobson. I hope to be out there more next Summer.
Shoot me a txt for James Isl 360.
by AJSpencer
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:05 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Kudo's to The Dirty Mermaid
Replies: 6
Views: 3354

Re: Kudo's to The Dirty Mermaid

Nice website too. I can attest for the Slick wings they sell: excellent build quality, very manageable in overpowered conditions (unlike predecessors), very slick feel. Competitive pricing.
by AJSpencer
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:02 am
Topic: Wingfoiling
Replies: 353
Views: 100825

Re: Wingfoiling

Cool to see some of the videos popping up on IG of huge airs by Titouan and others. Like 20-30’? Crazy. Seems the new designs can depower better, like the Slick I use, allowing bigger wings in bigger wind, and thus bigger airs.
Looking forward to seeing some jumps live at RBFC. :arrow: \:D/
by AJSpencer
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:20 pm
Topic: Where to start?
Replies: 11
Views: 5389

Re: Where to start?

yes, had it flipped. \:D/
by AJSpencer
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:43 am
Topic: Where to start?
Views: 5389

Re: Where to start?

I bought a windfoil board, but only because I wasn’t sure if I could use a 150L GO or similar windsurf board. In hindsight, I should have put a foil on a cheap used board like that, and saved a bunch of money. I got two new wings this year, the Duotone Slicks. They would be so much easier to learn o...
by AJSpencer
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:25 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kiting in Victoria
Replies: 1
Views: 1938

Re: Kiting in Victoria

Under Info, if you go to "Spot Guide", the orange icons are the more common spots and have info if click on them. Also, that map shows weather and tidal stations, the other icons.
by AJSpencer
Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:00 pm
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 83144

Hey Jason, My experience at Willows in Westerlies is exactly that. Pretty extreme (lulls to gusts). But lots of good sessions logged there by others, so must be good days and bad days, and I think the further out from shore into Oak Bay area the steadier the wind, but then the bigger the waves and n...
by AJSpencer
Fri May 28, 2021 10:55 am
Forum: News
Topic: BWD v2.0
Replies: 31
Views: 13644

I think the poll has been quite conclusive Dave. The truth is out about Tweezer now.
by AJSpencer
Fri May 28, 2021 8:28 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Old growth logging near Nitinaht
Views: 5138

Not looking good for the Caycuse.
I didn't read all of this as I didn't have time, but I think this guy knows his stuff and gives a good realistic, scientific view:
https://thenarwhal.ca/bc-old-growth-for ... ry-merkel/
by AJSpencer
Thu May 27, 2021 10:32 am

I'd like to change my vote to the Tweezer option.
by AJSpencer
Thu May 27, 2021 9:10 am

I, for one, like change. And I think it is very well done. Good job everyone.