Search found 60 matches

by slake
Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:34 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 83305

I noticed in the little baggy that comes with the wing is a small square of repair tape. I'll cut a couple of oval patches out of that and stick one on each side. Should cover it by about an inch on each side.
by slake
Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:17 pm

Update on my progress since getting gear: I've had no luck organizing a boat tow with my 110 L Fanatic + Armstrong HS1850 (have zero foil experience prior to this). I stubbornly go out anytime there is wind on a lake. Generally drive to various upwind drop off points and have an hour session before ...
by slake
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:36 am

Cool...I'm stoked to just put the real board with foil in the water, even with little to no wind. I've seen the sUP WINDer, and also Duotone has a drift stopper, like a leeboard on both sides. I realize though I don't want to wing on the iSUP for very long. It is ok for a few rides to play around wi...
by slake
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:48 am

I'm trying to sort out some towing on a lake to figure out the foil. Nothing confirmed yet but I have 3 contacts I've inquired with, hopefully one pans out into something. Have been using the wing with an iSUP but find it hard to stay upwind so far (it is 12'6" with a single fin). If there is n...
by slake
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:01 pm

It is interesting with the whole mast length thing. I read and watched this https://www.mackiteboarding.com/news/the-best-hydrofoil-wings-and-mast-for-wingfoiling-part-2/ . Gave MACKite a call and the person they put me through to was Tucker Vantol (the guy that does all their Foil Fridays videos - ...
by slake
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:50 pm

Found it a challenge to locate all gear at one spot so I have the odd thing arriving from various shops from all over (think I've assembled a full kit of what I need to start - my MO was if something is available buy it, seems like stock is a bit of an issue). Did get an HS 1850 kit, ordered an 85 c...
by slake
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:44 pm

No need for tefgel or other lubricants on the Armstrong. I wondered the same before getting mine and did some reading. The titanium bolts thread and seat so nicely in the titanium core. I've not had to retighten a single bolt. Easy to take apart as well, even after weeks together. The guy from Real...
by slake
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:40 pm

Cool, thanks for the replies. Think I'll generally try to keep the whole thing assembled. Normally will have the room to do so. Winddoc do you put Tef-Gel, or any other lubricant, on the Armstrong threads? I assume not. Found this - https://www.armstrongfoils.com/media/2184/armstrong-foil-manual.pdf...
by slake
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:25 pm

Derigging: 1) do people remove the mast from the board with everything assembled (ie. wing, mast, fuselage, tail wing)? 2) do people fully disassemble their foil regularly? 3) use a board bag if they are removing the foil? Or if feasible does the whole kit just stay fully assembled? Board stored/tra...
by slake
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:30 am

Regarding waist leashes for a board would people use a coily one like this https://www.armstrongfoils.com/waist-leash-1/ or is that asking to yank the board and foil back at you? Other one I see in a few spots is https://www.northshoreinc.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=533&idcategory=0 . The...
by slake
Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:41 pm

superdave thanks for the insights and offer. I might PM you if I'm really unable to order a board or wing. One thing that grabbed me reviewing this thread is on your very first post: "The falls and feeling of height of a 27.5" mast were everything I could handle at the beginning". Was...
by slake
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:25 pm

Regarding the HS1850 Foil Kit asides mast change I assume no one changed the recommended setup of TC60 fuselage and HS232 tail wing. Is that correct? Armstrong shows a few other options for the kit on their website but figure just go with the recommended setup, with possible mast length change.
by slake
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:46 am

Thanks a bundle for the information. I searched around here but could not get much info on the following: 1) do people like having the boom on the Echo? Seems it might be easier not to get a hand in a loop/less need to focus on the wing. 2) why does only Duotone seem to do a full boom? Patent? Or do...
by slake
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:01 pm

Thanks for all the feedback already. I spoke to an Armstrong dealer who suggested it would be a struggle learning with their 99 L board (Wing Foil SUP 511). Adding a wet wetsuit, helmet, and an impact vest (maybe) might push me closer to 87 kg or so. He suggested it might be better to go with a bigg...
by slake
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:59 am

Hi, I live north of Victoria. Hope to get some wing foil gear and would like some advice. Never foiled but kite and SUP. I've windsurfed many years ago and got to a level of comfortably planning, in the harness, in the straps, but never could carve gybe (although I tried). Surf some but, of all the ...