Search found 22 matches

by Highrocker
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:47 am
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wing Rescue
Replies: 5
Views: 2177

Re: Wing Rescue

You might like this gopro video of a practical rescue of A-C back on March 12th. I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time when the wing leash failed. Also lucky to hear the call for help at all with me being nearly deaf from 30yrs in the Navy and wearing a pretty sound tight Gath helme...
by Highrocker
Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:34 pm
Topic: Wing vs regular windsurfing sail
Replies: 15
Views: 3155

Re: Wing vs regular windsurfing sail

Concur with Grantmac's points.
WingSUP is harder on your hands/arms/shoulders due to the increased friction with water. It's fun, it teaches wing handling, but for excitement, it pales in comparison to wingfoiling.
Ask me anything about wingSUP. I spent enough time at it. Lol!
by Highrocker
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:45 am

Hey MF4! Maybe 15kts. Ya, way tougher on the shoulders with the increased drag from the SUP. Stable fun regardless.
by Highrocker
Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:53 pm

Great question! I concur with all the wisdom from winddr and MF4. With all things being equal (without foil), your wing will perform worse than your current board with sail. I used a SUP surfboard with a centreboard and a Naish 5.3m wing in order to learn how to wing. It was fun, easy to learn, but ...
by Highrocker
Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:46 pm
Topic: Wing Gloves - Winter
Replies: 18
Views: 4539

Re: Wing Gloves - Winter

My go-to system is nearly identical BigRobin's method. It is a DryGlove system, that uses an inner glove, an outer waterproof glove, and a wide velcro strap as pictured below. The following applies: 1. Stretchy velcro wrist seal was effective and adjustable so you can balance out tightness for max s...
by Highrocker
Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:46 pm
Topic: Night rides with LEDs
Replies: 8
Views: 2303

Re: Night rides with LEDs

More drysuit stuff. Although I'm new to wingfoiling, I have been wingfoiling with a drysuit since end Sep 2022. Having come from whitewater SUP, I already had one so it was worth a winging try. I had previously successfully proven the concept for SUP surfing a couple of times at JR. Personally, it i...