Search found 32 matches

by jeamer
Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:08 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Cook st Sunday?
Replies: 2
Views: 773

Cook st Sunday?

Hey guys, out in Beacon Hill park getting the hang of the 8m yesterday in some stronger wind... that was fun!!! Noticed as I was leaving (~7:30 PM) that there were ambulances, fire trucks, police, and the coast guard out! Plus a serious lack of kites on the water. Wondering if everyone is ok? PS Loo...
by jeamer
Mon May 26, 2008 1:00 pm
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: Desktop applets?
Replies: 22
Views: 11629

Hey S.S., just making sure you know too that Ubuntu is free and available for download at www.ubuntu.com. If you don't want to dive right in and download an operating system right off the bat (which I don't think anyone in the right mind should do :) ), you can download the live CD and just try it o...
by jeamer
Wed May 21, 2008 4:16 pm

success.

with compiz and screenlets, I have the RSS feed on my desktop that is updated every five minutes! Love it! Thanks for the suggestion RD.

Here's what it looks like:
by jeamer
Tue May 20, 2008 9:22 pm

yeah, you only install KDE and use it to run the script... you don't have to actually run the desktop all the time. It's only 2 megs, I didn't think too much of it. Good call on the RSS desklet.. I'll give that a try when I've got a little time. I don't even have GDesklets on my computer... never ha...
by jeamer
Tue May 20, 2008 1:36 pm

Cool, well now you totally motivated me to find a solution for Ubuntu, and find I did. Follow this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=297027 If someone doesn't like to write script, here's my slightly modified one: #!/bin/bash #directory you want the snapshots to be kept LOCATION="/home/...
by jeamer
Tue May 20, 2008 9:36 am

Desktop applets?

Hey, I was wondering how difficult it would be to develop some downloadable desktop applets for some of the features of this site... like the SI map for one. I know that it's the first thing I check every time I sit down at the compy so to have it on the desktop would be a seriously cool thing. Thou...
by jeamer
Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:37 pm
Topic: okay FINE
Replies: 11
Views: 2448

P.S. Thanks for the camp/lesson info, I'm pretty stoked about the Strong Kiteboarding 3 day camp deal, and after reading enough of the posts on this forum, I know to play er safe and keep on the learning curve!
by jeamer
Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:35 pm

Hey thanks for the input guys, and before you all continue, my nickname is an amalgamation of my first and last names... you can just call me Jordan (Jeamer sounds pretty weird). MF4 think I'm pretty set on kiteboarding, as I'm mostly in to digging in as much rail as possible, throwing as much water...
by jeamer
Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:50 pm

okay FINE

SO here I am, thinking I'd never switch to the dark side of wind, but who am I kidding? I knew all along that one day, some way, I'd end up with some kind of sail attached to me. Too many times I've longed to just walk down the street to jump into the ocean rather than drive for 1 1/2 hours. SO here...
by jeamer
Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:54 am
Topic: Travel Trivia
Replies: 26
Views: 5177

p.s. I too hope it gets windy soon. haha
by jeamer
Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:54 am
Topic: Travel Trivia
Replies: 26
Views: 5177

NOT to complicate things even more for you guys, but the direction and distance measured on a 2D map are very difficult to do accurately. It depends on the map projection you have. For instance, you can only have accurate distance on an equidistant map projection FROM THE REFERENCE POINT of the map,...
by jeamer
Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:05 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Sunday aft.
Replies: 1
Views: 1540

Sunday aft.

Anyone had a look at the pressure plot recently?

Check out Sunday afternoon - 950 mb low!!!!!!!
Max wind vector 125 km/hr!
I looked up the 2006 hurricane season, lowest pressure was 955 and it was a category 3. Crazy....

Anyone plannin a trip to Alaska soon? :lol:
by jeamer
Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:43 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Spare webcam-where should it go?
Replies: 46
Views: 30593

I second, third, ...... etc a Cordova Bay cam! I would do the door to door if we don't know anyone on the bay. There is a restaurant that would probably love to promo their buisiness, much like the Cow bay pub. I think there's a sevvy type convenience store as well. Cam would be good for better judg...
by jeamer
Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:50 am
Topic: Anyone else excited?
Replies: 6
Views: 3052

here it coommeess..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
by jeamer
Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:13 am
Topic: Anyone else excited?
Replies: 6
Views: 3052

Anyone else excited?

For the first big SE of the season?

Saturday and Sunday look ridiculous... check out the wave model !!!!!!!

I've been waiting 6 months for this!

:P :!: