Search found 21 matches

by Ryball
Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:26 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Reward: Lost Kiteboard at Nitinat
Replies: 4
Views: 1422

Just got a message from Aaron saying he sailed it in and left it on the beach with all the other kites. If anyone has it, or if it's still on the beach, would be greatly appreciative if you could let me know.

Thanks again Aaron.
by Ryball
Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:06 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Reward: Lost Kiteboard at Nitinat
Replies: 4
Views: 1422

Reward: Lost Kiteboard at Nitinat

My Liquid Force Proof 151 was lost on the water at Nitinat today. The board is white on the top and black on the bottom....easy to identify because the reel leash will still be attached to the board. My girlfriend crashed in the middle of the lake and the stitching on the harness strap where the lea...
by Ryball
Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:52 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: Kiting in Viet Nam ?
Replies: 3
Views: 3671

I hit up Mui Ne for a week in Jan 09. Kiting is excellent...consistent side shore wind, big swells, and cheap food/accommodations. There are numerous cheap beachfront villas to choose from all on the one main road. I found the Vietnam Lonely Planet book to be an excellent resource for everything in ...
by Ryball
Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:24 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 147718

When I'm coming off the water, the whereabouts of my board is always secondary to the whereabouts of my kite. I've often ditched my board to drag a little further out to safely land my kite if I feel I'm too close to the beach/trees. If that means a short swim after the fact to retrieve my board...s...
by Ryball
Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:43 am
Topic: Kiting in Puerto Vallarta
Views: 1157

Thanks for the info. My kite is a 12m so I may look into a bigger one before I head down. Is there anywhere to rent gear there? I'm staying at the Hacienda Hotel and actually doing the trip with some old friends to booze it up for the week but figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and get some s...
by Ryball
Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:23 pm
Topic: Kiting in Puerto Vallarta
Views: 1157

Kiting in Puerto Vallarta

I'm heading down to Puerto Vallarta late March for a week and would like to get some days on the water. Anyone ever kited there? If so, what size of kite do you recommend for that time of year? I'm guessing wet suit isn't required either. If anyone has been there, any info you can tell me would be a...