Search found 98 matches

by DavidM
Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:14 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Dropped in on; Maui.
Replies: 18
Views: 4506

I was out at a break in oahu in 1982. Just me and one local, just the 2 of us. I was not allowed to take off on any wave period. They were all his, whether he was on one or not. He would sit there waiting for the best wave of the set. If I tried to take off on any wave discarded as inferior, he woul...
by DavidM
Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:14 pm
Topic: Dropped in on; Maui.
Replies: 18
Views: 4506

Juan, incredible video. I can't believe anyone fighting over surf like that! Phew!!
by DavidM
Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:26 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: etiquette and consideration
Replies: 52
Views: 15792

Sorry, the first link you will have to copy and paste. Don't know why the link isn't active.
by DavidM
Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:37 pm
Topic: etiquette and consideration
Replies: 52
Views: 15792

Response to localism in the day of social media. A horde of soft-topping youths storm Lowers because it's "been tooken over by old men," and make a strong case for year-round schooling in the process. http://surfer.tv/video/2621/lnf-lowers-raid-2012 [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...
by DavidM
Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:50 am
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 147601

Some places - Very Entertaining Ha Ha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8KZMZ2AqV4 Some places - Very Entertaining Ha Ha. Snake a wave or you will never ride...ever! A beautiful place before Gidget. After that hoards of crowds from the San Fernando Valley. Some pushing, fights but as you can see it has become a way there. Rule here is the...
by DavidM
Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:17 am
Topic: Ground Swell Questions
Replies: 10
Views: 3366

Alton, You may want to diversify your experience to make use of all that driving if conditions are not right. A stand-up paddle will give you lots to do in the waves when there is no wind or sub planing conditions. I got a Starboard Wide Point 9'5". It is about 155 litres. I find the most fun w...
by DavidM
Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:39 pm
Topic: Ground Swell Questions
Replies: 10
Views: 3366

Alton, how you doing :?: Here is an article on wave mechanics complete with diagrams. All beaches have their best swell direction. There may be Islands and reefs the interfere with the swell reaching a beach as well as the type of break.... beach break, reef break or point break and the direction it...
by DavidM
Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:36 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Entrance Lates Reports
Replies: 0
Views: 974

Entrance Lates Reports

Is EC having problems with their instruments at Entrance Island.
Today Jun 11, 2012 and the last Latest Report Jun 07, 2012?
by DavidM
Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:55 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: divinycell or similar foam core
Replies: 2
Views: 1142

divinycell or similar foam core

I have some board repair and need some divinycell.

Is there anywhere around Nanaimo that I can get a small piece of divinycell core foam.

Need a piece around 1.5' x 3'.
Thanks for any info provided.
by DavidM
Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:37 pm
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 85921

Is this still an issue?

I use it every day, up to 4 times a day. Would be at a loss without it.
by DavidM
Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:46 pm
Topic: turkey trip including windsurfing
Replies: 2
Views: 823

Windsurfing Turkey

Mike, I was in Turkey in Jun/July and Sept/Oct. I did windsurf at Alacati a few times as well as several places around Bodrum. I PM'd you with my phone numbers. If you call, I can better give you details as well as answer questions. There are both beatiful windsurfing beaches as well as historic rui...
by DavidM
Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:12 pm
Topic: Recommendations on Winter Wet Suits
Replies: 22
Views: 4695

Thanks for all the response! Change the booties for 5mm, similar to the ones I have worn out. I am set now for the next cold windy day.
by DavidM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Eastside, Thanks for the heads-up on the booties. I got the Excel booties, but will check before I use them. The straps that may be an issue are the Starboard. For some reason they don't increase size very much. I do intend to continue using the OR suit, but one of the seals came off so took it back...
by DavidM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Well, went to Island long boards today. Tried on both the hooded excel 5/4 and the Oneil 6/5/4. I could tell they were both very flexable suits but both were too difficult to get my fat ass into thru that little hole in the top. Seems to be lots of room in the gut, but worried about damaging suit ge...
by DavidM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:37 am

Thanks for the info Windnut. I will try on the Excel suits as well.