big bag for overseas travel

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Paul

big bag for overseas travel

Post by Paul »

I have check out a lot of golf bags and some hockey stick bags and they do not seem to work.

Looking for a bag to fit 142x36 board, kite, pump etc.

Does anyone know of a store that stocks such an animal.

Regrads,

Paul
foilboy

bag

Post by foilboy »

Hi Paul,
I just used my snowboardbag on rollers from Costco. It was cheap, fits two boards and other stuff and the airline let it go trough as golf gear with no charge (you could claim it as snowboard which is also free of charge but on my trip to Kauai it might have raised some doubts).

Chris
windsurf247

bag

Post by windsurf247 »

I think there's a guy in Vancouver who does custom board bags for about $200. Might be cheaper for kite gear. PM me if you want his name and I'll try to dig it up.
Cheers :D
asscrack

Bag

Post by asscrack »

Hey Paul,Pro golf bags are plenty big enough.Check all the golf shops,I bought mine at the store beside Sawyers at Town And Country At Harriet St.and Douglas. :roll:
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
Chris

Golf Bag

Post by Chris »

Naish make a 'Golf Bag' on rollers to 'take advantage of the airlines baggage rules. Looks good. Check website.
Chris

Post by Chris »

PhDewd

Post by PhDewd »

Check out GolfTown, they had a Jazz Golf bag a few years back - huge. Fit 30 kayak paddles and a driver sticking out the top in case someone looked. Also fits a windsurfing boom, two sails, harness, etc, as well as a full set of clubs. No questions ever, even from AC on way to Maui and Caribbean. Soft sided with padding and rollers
Geoff
Tobago in December! Yesss!
func

Post by func »

I'm currently travelling with an NSI Golf bag, a Dakine Airwagon, and a duffel bag, but I'm also carrying 2 complete quivers right now -going to meet up with my sis in West Oz. The NSI bag saves me $50 to $80 on every flight I take it on, and I've been using it for two years. Travelling for work with kite gear, I've probably saved over $1000 on extra baggage fees over the past few years - I used to work on various tropical islands. I have a 135 cm board in the golf bag, but I think it'll fit a 142. Got mine at Airtime in Vancouver - take your board in some day and see what fits.

My sharp fins cut through the NSI bag after the first year - looks suspicious, golf bag with fins sticking out, but now I just remove them for travelling. Bag is fine a year later, just some slits in the bottom. Never had my board damaged from the airlines, but kiteboards are tough, and I hit a lot of rocks - I wouldn't notice minor damage.

I usually travel with 3 kites and one board - two kites in the golf bag, board, harness, pump, and then one extra kite in the duffel bag. Bare minimum for everything else. :)
extremekindness Erik

It's in da Bag!

Post by extremekindness Erik »

Also check Value Village. That's where I got mine fur five bucks!

Good luck.

EKE.