2 questions

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
BarnabyWylde

2 questions

Post by BarnabyWylde »

Anyone heading to Nitinat tomorrow (wednesday)? How will I know what sail to rig if no one's out???

And how do you transport sails on the roof without squishing them (and without a rocket box thingy $$$)?
Suggestions...
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

first off if you head to nitinat tommorow be very careful you are on active logging roads keep your lights on and your head up! as far as the sails well thats upto you... if you do trail and error you'll probally learn it and remebr it... as far as rocket boxes if you can find a used one you're laughing if not your looking at 400+$$$ I get all my stuff from all season racks down by mayfair, other than that you can just tie them to your roof with your board
Claude

Post by Claude »

Hi BarnabyWylde,
A cheaper way is to buy a Da Kine quiver bag, which includes the masts sleeves underneath the sails compartment. The starps are tightening the mast but not the sails..
Have you heard about wind meter? If you are not sure about the wind that is a suggestion but that costs a bit a money as well..
Good luck in your search of the Graal... :D
Claude
Barnwyld

Post by Barnwyld »

Thanks guys...I like the Da Kine bag idea. And the wind meter is a great idea. I don't mind trial and error, but it's just a bit wierd being the only one on the water. Great, yes, but daunting in a new spot. Well, I hope to see some people there tomorrow. Should be a great day. Sunny and warm inland.
Start coughing now and make the call.
Thanks for the help.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

beware, outflow kills tomorrow

Post by KUS »

the quiver bag, dude or a better vehicle. All my stuff is INSIDE, what's cheaper, gear or gas....it's a toss-up :D
Ya gotta have more of a guarantee midweek for wind......
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
bwyld

Post by bwyld »

I agree., but I have a long drive across the country and I sleep in the car. My car is just big enough, but add girlfriend and contents of house...the gear goes up top. I'll be back at work by the time you folks have your weekend, so have a good one.
kitesurferdale

PSSST

Post by kitesurferdale »

Hey ever considered kiting?? we don't have nearly as much gear to pack around and it all can fit in the trunk or hatchback of a Car!!! :lol:
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

barnaby outed

Post by downwind dave »

hey barn, nice to meet you this am.
make sure you post how it was out there, hope you got to jump on the new rigs. Buy a nice aerodynamic sail bag and plan your trip out east through nicola lake bc, oldman dam alberta and elbow sask. rip it up,
dwd