STOLEN GEAR!!

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
adam

STOLEN GEAR!!

Post by adam »

My Ocean Rodeo Bronco 16m kite - gold/grey/black, 1 of 2 'out there', and Slingshot SX 137, as well as bar, lines, and whatever else was in my white dakine board bag, were stolen last night from my car. I can id all of it. If anybody sees any little rats tryin to sell any of this gear, please grab it off them, and gimme a call!! 708-0360.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

gear

Post by KUS »

shit, sorry dude, gotta be one of the cruelest things to steal toys :evil: . Might help if you tell people where your car was too. If I come across them I will call Guido and he won't need your help. :x Kus
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Ger

stolen gear

Post by Ger »

Adam,
that is such a stinking bummer, I will keep my eyes and ears open for any gear that matches that description. Did your gear have any markings or your name anywhere (in case i find myself in a heated discussion on the beach) with someone flying your gear, or worse trying to sell it.

I hope you can find your kite and board soon.

Come on everyone, this could easily happen to anyone of us, team up and be alert!!

Gerry
ger

stoel gear

Post by ger »

One more thing to add, do phone the police, and do call every pawn shop on the south end of Vancouver island. That may be the first place these punks try to unload it.

G
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Bummer,I hope your insurance covers some of it. Maybe chech some of the used gear sites on the internet, or even post a reward for an anonomous drop off. Who knows, they@##%^%^& might even be aware of this site. It is specialized equipment.
crabb

Post by crabb »

Hey Gareth you should ad a post on the other sites like coastal water sports and stuff. A kite like that wont go far it might just sit in someones basement. You will find it gareth I have seen this happen many times.
good luck man hope things go well for you [smilie=rauch28.gif] 8)
adam

Post by adam »

My car was on fernwood rd, just south of the george and dragon. i called the cops, and every pawn shop will be called as soon as they open. my name isnt on it, but paul is the only other one with the same kite, the board has a ding in the left heel edge fins. Thanks for your help!
wind_dummy

Post by wind_dummy »

bummer :cry: ... really! .... makes me glad i don't live in the BIG city with all the crackheads! ... so where were you parked so others can avoid the area?
grant

peckerheads

Post by grant »

Shiiite. I have a few extra things, I'll put them in my van and maybe we can all pool enough stuff together to get you out on the water this afternoon. Do you still have your suit? Where was your car parked?
wind_dummy

Post by wind_dummy »

ok ok , fernwood .... that was gonna be my guess.

hope you get your shizz back ... good luck!
adam

Post by adam »

All i need to get out is a bar/lines and a board, they didnt want the harness or wetsuit, or the 12. the 21 was locked safely in the shed, was gonna sell it but now i'll hold off a bit... Thanks again guys!!
ger

extra board

Post by ger »

Hi Adam,
your more than welcome to borrow my pickle fork 161cm, it's for sale right now, unless somebody is itching to buy it you can use it.

Ger
Joe

Post by Joe »

You might also consider contacting some shops on the mainland. Sometimes the stuff gets sold over there. At least if the word is out, someone might see the kite once someone else buys it and takes it to the beach. Hope you get it back Adam. I'll keep a watch out for it.
Parked by a METHADONE CLI

Post by Parked by a METHADONE CLI »

Hey ADAM put an add in the paper....TIMES COLONIST.... that your looking to buy some kites ...maybe the fool will contact you...BUT realistically...unfortunately...you were parked by a METHADONE/HEROIN clinic and one of the crack heads probably thought it was a sleeping bag to keep warm...good luck i'll keep my eyes open........
Kook St. Kite Kook

stolen gear

Post by Kook St. Kite Kook »

Dude,

You can borrow a set of lines from Sandra and I today, no problem. Hope to see you at the water later.

If someone did take it to sell it, they will soon realize they haven't a clue what the hell it is and dump it somewhere. So, I would scour that neighborhood and the bushes - they were likely on foot - and see if turns up.

Also, keep on those cops. Best of intentions, perhaps, but busy with higher priority stuff so sometimes neglect to call when stuff turns up...

Good Luck getting it back!

Paul