Heading to Hood River! Want to come?

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
oceanrodeo

Heading to Hood River! Want to come?

Post by oceanrodeo »

Hey Guys!!

Many of you already know me, many do not. If not, I look forward to meeting you.

Anyway, I'm headed down to the Gorge for the US Labour Day weekend - May 23-25th. As many of you know this is the kick off to the Gorge's windy season and is traditionally a very fun weekend with many people on the water and BBQs and good times afterwards. Evan and I will be headed there to run 3 days of demos in conjunction with our local shop - Windance.

I'd like to formally invite / encourage any and all of you to consider making the trip with us (on your own dime...sorry!). Kiters, windsurfers, as long as you are addicted to wind I am down with you coming! It should be a super fun weekend and it would be great to have a strong Victoria crew there to hang with and ride on the water with.

If you want any more details, drop me a line. In so far as plans go things are pretty loose. Evan and I will have plenty of gear for people to try but be sure to bring your own as we will want to be passing it around to a lot of people!

Cheers! - John Z

Snarfer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Never kited in the Gorge but ....

Post by Snarfer »

If you have really teensy weensy kites and a place to go, it might be worth considering as I've only ever windsurfed there. What's the fastest way to get there, Coho, San Juan or BC Ferries?
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Coho fo' sho'.
Poultry in motion
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Man, I am missing everything again :cry: Lyle (Klickitat) and Marina would be great for a demo, nice you hooked up with Windance, great shop in the past fer sure. yeah, coho, nice mellow albeit windy road, then miss Seattle and its new road construction just south :evil: :x Nice, have fun, make sure you have the Thai across from the shop, I miss it already just thinking about it 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....