STOLEN - 2 Boards, 1 Kite

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
sonicspectrum

STOLEN - 2 Boards, 1 Kite

Post by sonicspectrum »

Amigos and Amigas. In the aftermath of Nitinat I am sad to say the Ocean Rodeo Crew is down 2 boards and one kite...

The GOOD news is nothing was stolen from Nitinat. The event went off without a hitch, was amazing from start to finish and everyone on the beach were excellent with all our demo gear, returning it all in perfect condition and to the exact spot they took it from. THANK-YOU!!!! (you made my job much easier :) )

However, Sunday Kevin got back to his car that he left at Enterprise on Government St and found it short one 2007 12m Rise and 2007 Mako 134 (yellow). Then, later that night Evan got back to the house he was staying at and discovered that his John Amudson 5'4" custom square tail 4 fin race board which he ordered specifically to race at Nitinat on (and came 3rd overall on) was also stolen.

Generally speaking Kevin's kite and board are not a big deal but the Amudson custom is a sick board and cost a lot of money. If anyone approaches anyone to sell them a "surf board" which happens to have little to no volume, a square tail and foot straps attached to it please agree to buy it, arrange to meet them and call the police. A police report has been filed.

Much love and respect to the community. This weekend we had dealers, distributors and riders in town from across the globe and all of them were blown away by the hospitality and friendliness of our community.

John Z - OR
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

hate that shit :evil: :x good luck
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

the community can monitor this - keeping an eye on any newbies and what gear they have - and where they obtained it!
curses - foiled again!
Martin

Post by Martin »

If anyone happens to be near a "pawnshop", it might be worth a quick look around. I will browse "Craigslist" as well.
Sorry to hear this, damn!

martin
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

Do you have any photos to post? Maybe post on other kiteboard websites across Canada? I can't imagine this stuff can be used easily with all our eyes watching.
Sandy Beach

stolen surf board

Post by Sandy Beach »

There's many on Used Victoria, but nothing that fits that description yet.
We'll keep our eyes peeled.
Glad to hear it didn't happen at Nitinat....but still sucks nonetheless.
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
sonicspectrum

Post by sonicspectrum »

The 07 Mako was yellow, looked exactly like this one:

The 07 Rise was black and yellow, so it would look like this:

The Amudson Custom was a sick board. I don't have any photos of it but it is a pretty unique shape. 5'4" long, quad fin with a completely chopped off back end (straight across). Huge Windy Devil and Ocean Rodeo sticker on the bottom. Incredibly flat rocker to a curled nose. Low volume directional with black foot pads and straps.

Cheers!!!

JZ
EvanOR

Post by EvanOR »

Great news! The Custom race was found outside a local hotel room and is being picked up tonight - hopefully it's in one piece...it goes to show how important it is to put your contact information on your equipment! I'm already back in San Francisco and John Amundson has already begun shaping my new board, so if anyone wants a killer race board there is one for sale in Victoria!

5'4 - it is the board I took 3rd place on (1st and 2nd went to our riders on the 5'10 version). The board is about two weeks old and retails for $875 USD. I will sell this one for $750 including the board bag and upgraded fins if anybody is interested. Please email me at .

Cheers,

Evan
Ocean Rodeo, US Sales
Hyperflex wetsuits, US Sales

San Francisco, California
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

the hooker prolly didn't want the board in trade....the kite is great material for the strip look tho, check the stage of the red lion :lol:
Wish less, sail more!!

Sandy Beach

stolen

Post by Sandy Beach »

How do you know, Marcus? Go there often???? Does your wife know;)
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: stolen

Post by KUS »

Sandy Beach wrote:How do you know, Marcus? Go there often???? Does your wife know;)
against my will I got dragged in there once....or twice :oops: She does now :roll:
Wish less, sail more!!

Sandy Beach

Post by Sandy Beach »

lol....

'DRAGGED in against my will.....TWICE!' I suppose to watch the game, eh?

I've heard THAT before :?