Pro Limit open palm mitten

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Mike D

Pro Limit open palm mitten

Post by Mike D »

If anyone has experience with Pro Limit open palm mittens can you comment on there effectiveness for winter windsurfing.

http://www.pro-limit.nl/displayitemv6co ... em_id=4413

Thanks
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

the only glove that works for me :!: thought they discontinued them, mine are all torn up, they usually start ripping at the pre-curl fold but are great otherwise 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Mike D

Post by Mike D »

Oh no...I thought I might have found the answer....that's too bad there discontinued... :(
Mike D

Open palm mitten still available

Post by Mike D »

I talked with Prolimit, they still make the open palm mitten. The distributor is Trident Sports in North Vancouver. They currently only have mediums in stock. I'm going to give them a try. BTW I had to purchase them through North Shore Ski and Board, as Trident doesn't sell to the public.

If you or anyone else is interested in a larger size, they will be getting new stock in March 09.

I could put in a group order, if there is interest, (pm me) probably save a few bucks.
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

I use the ProLimit open palm mitts too and they are the only ones I can get away with and not get forearm cramps. I still hate wearing gloves but they work well. My fingers still get cold with them though, but still better then bare hands. Make sure you get a larger size then you think. I wear a L and I have small hands. I'd be interested in getting a L pair if you can get them.
thanks
dave
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
Mike D

sizing

Post by Mike D »

BWD that's good to know about the sizing....I definitely wouldn't fit the medium, guess I'll need the XL then. I'll put you down for 1 pair of large.

Cheers.
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

You can get stuff like that locally from Chris at Excel. He will order it if he doesn't have it.
Mike D

local supplier

Post by Mike D »

I would suspect that Chris gets them from Trident, as they are the North American distributor. I'll give him a try though..maybe he has a couple pair collecting dust in the back room.