Un-spinning center kite lines?

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Topher

Un-spinning center kite lines?

Post by Topher »

Anyone rig up a swivel or something for unspinning their center lines on an airush-like bar system. Of course the outer lines up spin, but unless you match your front rolls with back rolls then the center lines get worse and worse. Ive heard the USD or SSS sytem of Naish doesn't fly too well, but keeps the center lines untwisted - so does the Slingshot system - any homemade and SAFE options would be great though.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Topher, you can purchase a SAMPO stainless steel bearing swivel from a commercial fishing supply store.I think the largest they have is 600 lbs. Several guys in Victoria use them on there front lines with success. In Victoria we get them from Trotac Marine on Dallas road. They`re cheap , under $10.00.Attach your trimstrap to one end and your frontline leaders to the other and spin away.
shockkite

Post by shockkite »

Any ideas on keeping your leash free when spinning your bar? I thought that you were working on something. the only idea that seems to work is a shackle. not ideal, so maybe you have a better idea?

Gareth
Fly hard, jump high!
Topher

Post by Topher »

sweeeet - I ll search at Stevenson marine for the swivel....As for the leash, I m running an Airush re-ride spinning leash - love it, the only problem is sometimes the leash tangles around the chicken loop dick.
Hello my friend

Post by Hello my friend »

I can get the swivels for about ten dollars each they do work I was the first to use them now slingshot is using them. make shure the ones you get are testes to atleast 500 lb.
Trotac marine has them ask for Cam. he knows where they are and would love to help you out.
Tell him Dwayne sent you.
hello again

Post by hello again »

They are a sealed water bearing
Topher

Post by Topher »

Thanks guys - I ll track em down- is there a ring on each side of the swivel to attatch the sheeting strap to, and lines. I'm sure i can figure something out...I know the lines would attatch really simply, but the square end of the sheeting strap?

Thanks guys