Do kiters eat their young too?

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
kitesurferdale

Windaddiction relpy

Post by kitesurferdale »

Hey nobody answered the question for windaddiction. So here goes:

If you can go upwind of the downed kiter in the water then you will be ok as should the kite relaunch you would be out of harms way. DO NOT go downwind of the kiter in the water and get between his/her kite as they may be trying to relaunch it (as I was). If you have to go down wind remember the lines usually are 30m long so either side of me for 100ft present a danger zone (sucks I know), make sure you keep clear to be totally safe. For myself, I do try to stay up wind of the windsurf beach, but as some say Sh#$T happens, as it did that day. If you were uncomfortable getting close to me to attempt to rescue my board that is totally fine and reasonable as your safety is far more important than a piece of equipement. Ultimately my board would have ended up on Bozo beach, I just chose to go get it before that would happen. hope that helps you out.

d
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
2 dog mark

bitchin

Post by 2 dog mark »

[smilie=rauch23.gif] everybody cool your jets i saw dale out there he was not by all means in state of emergency.this weekend is going to be even more crazy so try and have a good time or stay home. bitch less sail harder. smoke more weed.
TURTLE

Post by TURTLE »

“How can there be peace without people understanding each other, and how can this be if they don’t know each other?  How can there be cooperative coexistence…if they are not allowed to learn more about each other?”

This is a quote from Lester B. Pearson. He was our only Prime Minister to win a Noble Peace Prize (1957)

It is better to increase understanding by sharing here before we all hit the beach. I have appreciated all of your thoughts and I beleive I have learned from them all. Thank-you

Ian Low :)