A week in Nitnat

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Bromeus

A week in Nitnat

Post by Bromeus »

I am looking to head up to nitnat and do some camping and kiteing sometime soon. Anyone interested? Also does anyone have any idea what the winds are like there this time of the year?

Thanks
A little wind kindles; much puts out the fire.
George Herbert
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Statistically, this is probably the best time of the year at Nitinat - warm days inland and cool coast to produce the thermal, and a marine layer to turbocharge it if lucky. The thermal gradient for the next week looks on the low side, but if there isn't a strong easterly 'outflow' gradient, some sun almost always translates into at least some wind for at least some of the day. Probably won't blow 25-30 all day and half the night though - that needs the ideal conditions of central heating and a solid outer coast marine layer, and it doesn't seem likely.

If you are wanting classic/epic Nitinat conditions, you'll have to wait. If you want the experience and some modest wind (still likely to be smooth and steady, just a bit weak) its not a bad time. I'm thinking of spending the week there.
rookieRyan

Post by rookieRyan »

Any wind is good just do it! :D :D :D
Bromeus

Post by Bromeus »

am game for car pooling and playing at nitnat, lite winds or otherwise.
George Herbert
rookieRyan

Post by rookieRyan »

Iam always game for car pooling too.I go to the lake almost every weekend 8) .Send me a p.m whenever.Ryan
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

And the forecast has been getting better and better the last few days. Might be classic conditions yet!
Bromeus

Post by Bromeus »

I am looking at the 18th through the 22nd or 23rd to head up to NitNat, and hope for some wind...
Anyone interested?
George Herbert