Windfest this year?

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
EvanOR

Windfest this year?

Post by EvanOR »

Hi All,

Myself and rest of the Cali crew are stoked bigtime and really looking forward to this again. We'll be coming off the World Course racing championships so some R&R at the lake is going to be great!

Anyway, and word or details on the festivities this year? In specific, we'd like to know if the course race is a sure thing this year as we won't fly with semi-fragile raceboards and pay the fees if we're not going to need them..... :lol:

How about the freestyle and boarder cross?
Ocean Rodeo, US Sales
Hyperflex wetsuits, US Sales

San Francisco, California
kyle

Post by kyle »

I think a lot of the Vancouver group are coming over with the hope of doing the course racing as well.
hope it happens.
chris_glazier

Post by chris_glazier »

I am also curious to hear what is planned. We have always had a great time at Windfest and several of us look forward to coming over from Vancouver for a few days.

CG :wink:
jotoole

Post by jotoole »

I hear that it won't be as organized as last year. Although that doesn't mean there won't be any races. My guess is that we'll still do all the races, but not as organized.

My theory,
Jim
Armstrong

Post by Armstrong »

Tough to beat lasts years wind! My beer will be just as organized though! Always a good time at the lake. :lol:
jotoole

Post by jotoole »

Yeah, my cranberry and sprite with be loaded and organised by bottle date.
EvanOR

Post by EvanOR »

Any news on this? Wrapping up the Worlds in SF tomorrow and we need to make decision regarding the race boards by Monday. If anyone knows anything your info would be greatly appreciated.
Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

littlekitegirl

Post by littlekitegirl »

I heard word from Judy last weekend that the events are all on (including the upwind downwind).
Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. - Bill Watterson
SteveHammer

Post by SteveHammer »

[size=24][/size] The format is the same but a handicap or seperate class will be in order for the raceboards as it is an unfair advantage to all the other competitors, unless you supply us all with them! :D
EvanOR

Post by EvanOR »

Cool, thanks for the help Steve, and that makes sense. Do you know which day the course race will be held? I'm assuming it's on the weekend.
Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

alex tha d.j.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiind fest

Post by alex tha d.j. »

Windfest is gonna happen.
Fire ban is over.
Pick up a piece of wood.
Bring it to the fire.
Ridelikehell

Post by Ridelikehell »

I don't think the fire ban is officially over yet. However, we are trying to get permission to have the saturday night beach party fire as long as the wind conditions cooperate. It will likely mean having a big water tank and pump on site from the village as well as some of the volunteer firefighters from the village to keep an eye on things.

It would really help if everyone could carry a piece of wood down in front of the DJ tent on Saturday. can't wait!!!!

I'll start another thread on this but we're also asking everyone to refrain from taking any glass bottles onto the beach this weekend. Every past windfest has resulted in cut feet, leaking kites and unnecessary clean up of lots of broken glass. Buy cans if you can, or bring plastic cups and keep your bottles in the campsite. Everyones cooperation on this would be greatly appreciated by all, especially those of us who will be here long after the event.